4.1.4 release in December

Łukasz Dywicki
Hey folks,
I wanted to check with you if there is any work planned to be done with 4.1.x branch this month, as I would like to push some fixes & flush them out.
These are needed for OpenHab community, which might not be as big as ODL but, it does run into troubles from time to time.

As I never handled release, despite of having such possibility, I could try to do it and offload „standard” team members handling this task.

Cheers,
Łukasz Dywicki

Re: 4.1.4 release in December

jbonofre
Hi Lukasz,

yes, 4.1.4 is already planned and I'm preparing it. I'm planning to submit 4.1.4
on vote for Friday next week.

I'm starting the Jira triage now, and I'm already working on some improvements
and fixes.

Can you just double check on your side if all Jira you need are with the correct
fixed version ?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/KARAF/versions/12341702

On 12/10/2017 12:03 AM, Łukasz Dywicki wrote:
> Hey folks,
> I wanted to check with you if there is any work planned to be done with 4.1.x branch this month, as I would like to push some fixes & flush them out.
> These are needed for OpenHab community, which might not be as big as ODL but, it does run into troubles from time to time.
>
> As I never handled release, despite of having such possibility, I could try to do it and offload „standard” team members handling this task.
>
> Cheers,
> Łukasz Dywicki

Re: 4.1.4 release in December

By the way,

I saw that you merged/cherry-picked the addition of LDAPPubkeyLoginModule.

However, I guess you didn't test on Karaf 4.1.x branch and you broke the build:

https://builds.apache.org/view/K/view/Karaf/job/karaf-4.1.x/361/

[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR]
/home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/karaf-4.1.x/jaas/modules/src/test/java/org/apache/karaf/jaas/modules/ldap/LDAPPubkeyLoginModuleTest.java:[26,44]
cannot find symbol
   symbol:   class PrincipalHelper
   location: package org.apache.karaf.jaas.modules

I'm fixing it now.

Please, at least run a full build before pushing.

On 12/10/2017 12:03 AM, Łukasz Dywicki wrote:
> Hey folks,
> I wanted to check with you if there is any work planned to be done with 4.1.x branch this month, as I would like to push some fixes & flush them out.
> These are needed for OpenHab community, which might not be as big as ODL but, it does run into troubles from time to time.
>
> As I never handled release, despite of having such possibility, I could try to do it and offload „standard” team members handling this task.
>
> Cheers,
> Łukasz Dywicki

Re: 4.1.4 release in December

jbonofre
Just fixed it.

> By the way,
>
> I saw that you merged/cherry-picked the addition of LDAPPubkeyLoginModule.
>
> However, I guess you didn't test on Karaf 4.1.x branch and you broke the build:
>
> https://builds.apache.org/view/K/view/Karaf/job/karaf-4.1.x/361/
>
> [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
> [ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
> [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
> [ERROR]
> /home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/karaf-4.1.x/jaas/modules/src/test/java/org/apache/karaf/jaas/modules/ldap/LDAPPubkeyLoginModuleTest.java:[26,44]
> cannot find symbol
>    symbol:   class PrincipalHelper
>    location: package org.apache.karaf.jaas.modules
>
> I'm fixing it now.
>
> Please, at least run a full build before pushing.
>
> Thanks,
>
> On 12/10/2017 12:03 AM, Łukasz Dywicki wrote:
>> Hey folks,
>> I wanted to check with you if there is any work planned to be done with 4.1.x
>> branch this month, as I would like to push some fixes & flush them out.
>> These are needed for OpenHab community, which might not be as big as ODL but,
>> it does run into troubles from time to time.
>>
>> As I never handled release, despite of having such possibility, I could try to
>> do it and offload „standard” team members handling this task.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Łukasz Dywicki

Re: 4.1.4 release in December

Łukasz Dywicki
Hey Jean,
Yeah, I was committing this changes and obviously I missed a file which I had to bring back from 4.2.x test infra to 4.1.x. I was aware that this change is risky, however I didn’t get any Jenkins notification about build failure which made me think that everything went fine. It is my fault that I didn’t check CI build.

Thank you very much for taking care about that, and once more - sorry for breaking it.

Kind regards,
Lukasz

> On 10 Dec 2017, at 07:09, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Just fixed it.

> On 12/10/2017 06:48 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>> By the way,
>> I saw that you merged/cherry-picked the addition of LDAPPubkeyLoginModule.
>> However, I guess you didn't test on Karaf 4.1.x branch and you broke the build:
>> https://builds.apache.org/view/K/view/Karaf/job/karaf-4.1.x/361/
>> [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
>> [ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
>> [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
>> [ERROR] /home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/karaf-4.1.x/jaas/modules/src/test/java/org/apache/karaf/jaas/modules/ldap/LDAPPubkeyLoginModuleTest.java:[26,44] cannot find symbol
>>   symbol:   class PrincipalHelper
>>   location: package org.apache.karaf.jaas.modules
>> I'm fixing it now.
>> Please, at least run a full build before pushing.
>> Thanks,
>> On 12/10/2017 12:03 AM, Łukasz Dywicki wrote:
>>> Hey folks,
>>> I wanted to check with you if there is any work planned to be done with 4.1.x branch this month, as I would like to push some fixes & flush them out.
>>> These are needed for OpenHab community, which might not be as big as ODL but, it does run into troubles from time to time.
>>>
>>> As I never handled release, despite of having such possibility, I could try to do it and offload „standard” team members handling this task.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Łukasz Dywicki

Re: 4.1.4 release in December

Łukasz Dywicki
Hey Jean,
Thanks for update on release schedule. There is

There is KARAF-5533 which affected OpenHab in very nasty way. They patched kar deployer internally so it works for them. Issue is related to dropping KARs into deploy folder. I assigned myself to it - so I will verify their patch and commit after confirming it works.

Cheers,
Lukasz

> On 10 Dec 2017, at 06:19, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Lukasz,
>
> yes, 4.1.4 is already planned and I'm preparing it. I'm planning to submit 4.1.4 on vote for Friday next week.
>
> I'm starting the Jira triage now, and I'm already working on some improvements and fixes.
>
> Can you just double check on your side if all Jira you need are with the correct fixed version ?
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/KARAF/versions/12341702

> On 12/10/2017 12:03 AM, Łukasz Dywicki wrote:
>> Hey folks,
>> I wanted to check with you if there is any work planned to be done with 4.1.x branch this month, as I would like to push some fixes & flush them out.
>> These are needed for OpenHab community, which might not be as big as ODL but, it does run into troubles from time to time.
>> As I never handled release, despite of having such possibility, I could try to do it and offload „standard” team members handling this task.
>> Cheers,
>> Łukasz Dywicki

Re: 4.1.4 release in December

No problem !

It happens sometime when cherry-pick ;)

On 12/10/2017 10:59 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hey Jean,
> Yeah, I was committing this changes and obviously I missed a file which I had to bring back from 4.2.x test infra to 4.1.x. I was aware that this change is risky, however I didn’t get any Jenkins notification about build failure which made me think that everything went fine. It is my fault that I didn’t check CI build.
>
> Thank you very much for taking care about that, and once more - sorry for breaking it.
>
> Kind regards,
> Lukasz
>

>> On 10 Dec 2017, at 07:09, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Just fixed it.

>> On 12/10/2017 06:48 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>> By the way,
>>> I saw that you merged/cherry-picked the addition of LDAPPubkeyLoginModule.
>>> However, I guess you didn't test on Karaf 4.1.x branch and you broke the build:
>>> https://builds.apache.org/view/K/view/Karaf/job/karaf-4.1.x/361/
>>> [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
>>> [ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
>>> [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
>>> [ERROR] /home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/karaf-4.1.x/jaas/modules/src/test/java/org/apache/karaf/jaas/modules/ldap/LDAPPubkeyLoginModuleTest.java:[26,44] cannot find symbol
>>>    symbol:   class PrincipalHelper
>>>    location: package org.apache.karaf.jaas.modules
>>> I'm fixing it now.
>>> Please, at least run a full build before pushing.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards
>>> JB

>> --
>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>> [hidden email]
>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: 4.1.4 release in December

thanks for the update, I will take a look as well.