4.2.0.M2 Dockerfile does not work

joeryv
Hi,

Up on deploying my Karaf 4.2.0.M2 custom distribution in Docker I ran into the following error on startup:

ERROR [Karaf local console user karaf] Exception caught while executing command
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.karaf.shell.impl.console.ConsoleSessionImpl.readCommand(ConsoleSessionImpl.java:438)
at org.apache.karaf.shell.impl.console.ConsoleSessionImpl.run(ConsoleSessionImpl.java:391)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Error executing command: java.lang.NullPointerException

First I thought it was something in my configuration but when i used the Dockerfile from mkroli (https://github.com/mkroli/karaf-docker/blob/master/Dockerfile) and only changed the version to 4.2.0.M2 i got the same result.
The Docker container crashes and stops immediately.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Cheers!

- Joery Vreijsen

https://www.theguild.nl/

Re: 4.2.0.M2 Dockerfile does not work

Allan C.
I can only guess it's out of memory. Running a java docker is not as straightforward maybe you can try fiddle with the memory parameters?

Regards, Allan.

Sent from Gmail mobile.

On Jan 25, 2018 7:03 PM, "Joery Vreijsen" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks for your response!

I highly doubt it is a memory issue as i have tested this on my local mac environment and on a AWS EC2 instance we run for our distribution.

Our previous Karaf 4.0.4 distribution runs without any trouble on both environments.

All help is appreciated!

Greetings,

- Joery Vreijsen

On 25 Jan 2018 12:12 +0100, wrote:

Thanks for your response!

I highly doubt it is a memory issue as i have tested this on my local mac environment and on a AWS EC2 instance we run for our distribution.
Our previous Karaf 4.0.4 distribution runs without any trouble on both environments.

All help is appreciated!

Greetings,

- Joery Vreijsen

Re: 4.2.0.M2 Dockerfile does not work

Did you try to start in server mode: bin/karaf server ?

The reason is that bin/karaf by default tries to bind on the terminal: if you
are not in interactive mode in Docker, it will fail.

On 01/25/2018 12:02 PM, Joery Vreijsen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Up on deploying my Karaf 4.2.0.M2 custom distribution in Docker I ran into the
> following error on startup:
>
> ERROR [Karaf local console user karaf] Exception caught while executing command
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
> org.apache.karaf.shell.impl.console.ConsoleSessionImpl.readCommand(ConsoleSessionImpl.java:438)
> at
> org.apache.karaf.shell.impl.console.ConsoleSessionImpl.run(ConsoleSessionImpl.java:391)
> Error executing command: java.lang.NullPointerException
>
> First I thought it was something in my configuration but when i used the
> Dockerfile from mkroli
> (https://github.com/mkroli/karaf-docker/blob/master/Dockerfile) and only changed
> the version to 4.2.0.M2 i got the same result.
> The Docker container crashes and stops immediately.
>
> Am I doing anything wrong?
>
> Cheers!
>
> - Joery Vreijsen
>
> https://www.theguild.nl/

Re: 4.2.0.M2 Dockerfile does not work

joeryv
Works like a charm! Thanks JB.

I’ll take this up with my next upcoming “Dockerizing Karaf” blog post.

Cheers,

- Joery Vreijsen

On 25 Jan 2018 12:37 +0100, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>, wrote:
Hi,

[...]

Could you share your post when it's up? Many thanks in advance.

Regards, Allan.

Sent from Gmail mobile.

On Jan 25, 2018 8:21 PM, "Joery Vreijsen" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Cool.

By the way, I have a bunch of dockerfile and docker image reader, working fine
with karaf docker feature (coming soon).

I would like to publish official docker images soon. I will tackle that once
Decanter 2.0.0 is done with the PR about karaf docker.