Active sessions getting invalidated

lechlukasz
I'm using Karaf 4.2.6 and I have a keepalive thread in my client that does
http get to the servlet that only pings the session
(request.getSession().getId()).

I'm loggint out the last access date from session and it gets updated after
each keepalive.

However, Jetty's HouseKeeper keeps invalidating my active session. I've
checked the sources, but the inactive status is determined in SessionCache,
which is an interface.

Did you do anything special in Pax-Web or in Karaf, to provide custom
implementation for anything having to do with the sesion cache, that could
cause that behaviour?

Re: Active sessions getting invalidated

Is it not the connector idle timeout ?

On 22/10/2019 15:40, lechlukasz wrote:

> I'm using Karaf 4.2.6 and I have a keepalive thread in my client that does
> http get to the servlet that only pings the session
> (request.getSession().getId()).
>
> I'm loggint out the last access date from session and it gets updated after
> each keepalive.
>
> However, Jetty's HouseKeeper keeps invalidating my active session. I've
> checked the sources, but the inactive status is determined in SessionCache,
> which is an interface.
>
> Did you do anything special in Pax-Web or in Karaf, to provide custom
> implementation for anything having to do with the sesion cache, that could
> cause that behaviour?

Re: Active sessions getting invalidated

lechlukasz
What is connector idle timeout and how it differs from session idle timeout?

The session is active, and I'm doing normal HTTP request. Do I need to do
something special in my keepalive routine to mark the session as active?

Re: Active sessions getting invalidated

lechlukasz
As for now, I could it replicate only for Windows.

Linux (dockerized) seems not to have this issue.

Jetty seem to rely too heavily on java.util.Timer, which many people claim
is generally unreliable...

Re: Active sessions getting invalidated

Which Pax Web version are you using ?

I'm preparing Pax Web 7.2.12 with Jetty 9.4.21 upgrade, I gonna check if
there's something related to that.

On 23/10/2019 16:49, lechlukasz wrote:

> As for now, I could it replicate only for Windows.
>
> Linux (dockerized) seems not to have this issue.
>
> Jetty seem to rely too heavily on java.util.Timer, which many people claim
> is generally unreliable...

Re: Active sessions getting invalidated

lechlukasz
This is pax-web 7.2.10, provided with karaf 4.2.6.