Additional JDK jars files

Charles Moulliard
Administrator
Hi,

Do we have on Karaf a location where we can install additional jars files
(e.g : JCE crypto jars files -
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javasebusiness/downloads/java-archive-downloads-java-plat-419418.html#JCE-1_2_2-G-JS)
which will be installed when karaf (felix/equinox) starts and their
packages exported by System bundle 0 ?

Regards,

Charles Moulliard

Apache Committer

Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
Twitter : http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
Linkedin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard
Skype: cmoulliard
Email: [hidden email]
Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: Additional JDK jars files

jbonofre
Hi Charles,

lib/optional and lib/endorsed are the good locations.

On 01/05/2012 08:29 AM, Charles Moulliard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do we have on Karaf a location where we can install additional jars files
> (e.g : JCE crypto jars files -
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javasebusiness/downloads/java-archive-downloads-java-plat-419418.html#JCE-1_2_2-G-JS)
> which will be installed when karaf (felix/equinox) starts and their
> packages exported by System bundle 0 ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Charles Moulliard
>
> Apache Committer
>
> Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
> Twitter : http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
> Linkedin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard
> Skype: cmoulliard

Re: Additional JDK jars files

Charles Moulliard
Administrator
Hi JB,

lib/optional directory does not exist by default with Karaf 2.2.4. Can I
create it ? Is there something else to do ?

Regards,

Charles

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 8:35 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi Charles,
>
> lib/optional and lib/endorsed are the good locations.

> On 01/05/2012 08:29 AM, Charles Moulliard wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Do we have on Karaf a location where we can install additional jars files
>> (e.g : JCE crypto jars files -
>> http://www.oracle.com/**technetwork/java/**javasebusiness/downloads/java-
>> **archive-downloads-java-plat-**419418.html#JCE-1_2_2-G-JS<http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javasebusiness/downloads/java-archive-downloads-java-plat-419418.html#JCE-1_2_2-G-JS>
>> )
>> which will be installed when karaf (felix/equinox) starts and their
>> packages exported by System bundle 0 ?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Charles Moulliard
>>
>> Apache Committer
>>
>> Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
>> Twitter : http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
>> Linkedin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/**charlesmoulliard<http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard>
>> Skype: cmoulliard

Email: [hidden email]
Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: Additional JDK jars files

Guillaume Nodet
Put it in lib it will work.  However packages aren't exported
automatically, you need to modify the config.properties for that.

Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
------------------------
Open Source SOA
http://fusesource.com

Re: Additional JDK jars files

Charles Moulliard
Administrator
In config.properties, we have to modify this property
--> org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation ?

If jre.properties already include javax.crypto, do I have also to
modify org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation property ?

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 8:58 AM, Guillaume Nodet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Put it in lib it will work.  However packages aren't exported
> automatically, you need to modify the config.properties for that.
>
> On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 08:50, Charles Moulliard <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > Hi JB,
> >
> > lib/optional directory does not exist by default with Karaf 2.2.4. Can I
> > create it ? Is there something else to do ?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Charles
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 8:35 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Charles,
> >>
> >> lib/optional and lib/endorsed are the good locations.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> JB

> files
> >>>
> http://www.oracle.com/**technetwork/java/**javasebusiness/downloads/java-
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javasebusiness/downloads/java-archive-downloads-java-plat-419418.html#JCE-1_2_2-G-JS

> http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard>
> >>>

> >> --
> >> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> >> [hidden email]
> >> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> >> Talend - http://www.talend.com
> >>

> --
> ------------------------
> Guillaume Nodet
> ------------------------
> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
> ------------------------
> Open Source SOA
> http://fusesource.com

Email: [hidden email]
Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: Additional JDK jars files

Guillaume Nodet
Boot delegation controls which packages will be added to the
classloader for all bundles automatically but does not really export
the package.  So if one bundle import that package, it won't be
sufficient.
To export the packaes, you can use the
org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra property.  If some packages
are already exported, you don't need to export them again, but for
crypto, I'm not sure it's needed.

Open Source SOA
http://fusesource.com

Re: Additional JDK jars files