Apache Commons DBCP fragment

lburgazzoli
Hi,
I'm working to a project OSGi-fication and I have a little trouble with a fragment that does not seem taken into account by Karaf (2.2.5). The fragment is supposed to add DynamicImport-Package to org.apache.commons.dbcp to look-up jdbc drivers.

Here the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF of my fragment:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Created-By: LB
Bundle-Name: lb.fragment.apache.commons.dbcp
Bundle-Vendor: LB
Bundle-Version: 1.0.7
Bundle-SymbolicName: org.apache.commons.dbcp.fragment
Bundle-Description: Fragment attached to Apache Commons DBCP
Fragment-Host: org.apache.commons.dbcp
DynamicImport-Package: *

What's wrong ?

Thx,
Luca

Re: Apache Commons DBCP fragment

Guillaume Nodet
First question, why don't you use the existing bundles:
   http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/servicemix/bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.commons-dbcp/1.4_1/

For fragments, the import and export are added to the host, but I
don't think this includes dynamic imports.

Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
------------------------
FuseSource, Integration everywhere
http://fusesource.com

Re: Apache Commons DBCP fragment

lburgazzoli

Well, I've tried to use the "raw" commons-dbcp for learning purpose, I'll switch to the servicemix one.

However I found this Jira:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBCP-363?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel#issue-tabs

Is DataSourceFactory (http://www.osgi.org/javadoc/r4v42/org/osgi/service/jdbc/DataSourceFactory.html) supported in Karaf ?

Re: Apache Commons DBCP fragment

Guillaume Nodet
Aries provide support for that, so it should be easily deployed into Karaf.