Apache Karaf Decanter and ElasticSearch 5

Apache Karaf Decanter and ElasticSearch 5

ds3161
Does anyone know if the decanter appenders for elastic search will work with elastic search 5?  Our admin is about to upgrade our ES cluster to 5.x and I know that the decanter project only has appenders for 1.x and 2.x.  Will the 2.x support sending to a 5.x cluster?

Re: Apache Karaf Decanter and ElasticSearch 5

It should work if you use an external elasticsearch instance (not the
embedded one which is still 2.x).

I just released a new SMX Bundles set providing Elasticsearch 5.x
bundles. Next Decanter release will fully support (including embedded)
Elasticsearch 5.x (and Graphite too by the way ;)).

On 03/02/2017 08:11 PM, ds3161 wrote:

> Does anyone know if the decanter appenders for elastic search will work with
> elastic search 5?  Our admin is about to upgrade our ES cluster to 5.x and I
> know that the decanter project only has appenders for 1.x and 2.x.  Will the
> 2.x support sending to a 5.x cluster?

Re: Apache Karaf Decanter and ElasticSearch 5

hugoamaro
Hello,

Can you please tell me if there is any new information regarding this
subject.
Can we use Decanter with new Elasticsearch release already? It seems there
are only appender for 1.x and 2.x. We can use Elasticsearch 5.x but must be
an external instance, is that?

Elasticsearch is now 6.x. Are there any plans for this release as well?

Thank you

Sent from: http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-Dev-f930721.html

Re: Apache Karaf Decanter and ElasticSearch 5

jbonofre
Hi

The decanter elasticsearch rest appender works with any version.

Elasticsearch 5 and 6 are already supported as features. Kibana is not yet ready internal to Karaf.

You can always use an external instance.

Le 27 déc. 2017 à 12:05, à 12:05, hugoamaro <[hidden email]> a écrit:

>Hello,
>
>Can you please tell me if there is any new information regarding this
>subject.
>Can we use Decanter with new Elasticsearch release already? It seems
>there
>are only appender for 1.x and 2.x. We can use Elasticsearch 5.x but
>must be
>an external instance, is that?
>
>Elasticsearch is now 6.x. Are there any plans for this release as well?
>
>Thank you

>Sent from: http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-Dev-f930721.html

Re: Apache Karaf Decanter and ElasticSearch 5

Just to be clear, elasticsearch 5 and 6 are supported as Karaf shipped features.

Le 27 déc. 2017 à 12:05, à 12:05, hugoamaro <[hidden email]> a écrit:

>Hello,
>
>Can you please tell me if there is any new information regarding this
>subject.
>Can we use Decanter with new Elasticsearch release already? It seems
>there
>are only appender for 1.x and 2.x. We can use Elasticsearch 5.x but
>must be
>an external instance, is that?
>
>Elasticsearch is now 6.x. Are there any plans for this release as well?
>
>Thank you

>Sent from: http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-Dev-f930721.html

Re: Apache Karaf Decanter and ElasticSearch 5

By the way, decanter release is planned for this week end.

Le 27 déc. 2017 à 12:05, à 12:05, hugoamaro <[hidden email]> a écrit:

>Hello,
>
>Can you please tell me if there is any new information regarding this
>subject.
>Can we use Decanter with new Elasticsearch release already? It seems
>there
>are only appender for 1.x and 2.x. We can use Elasticsearch 5.x but
>must be
>an external instance, is that?
>
>Elasticsearch is now 6.x. Are there any plans for this release as well?
>
>Thank you

>Sent from: http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-Dev-f930721.html

Re: Apache Karaf Decanter and ElasticSearch 5

hugoamaro
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

--