Apache Karaf community Meetup in April and CFP

12

Apache Karaf community Meetup in April and CFP

JB and I had a call yesterday trying to organize our first Apache Karaf community event.
As it's already end of February, the date for March has been a bit to close for comfort.
Therefore we decided to move the event to the 30th of April.
My employer the codecentric AG will host the event in our venue here in Karlsruhe.
Therefore we will start in the early afternoon at 4 p.m.
JB and I thought about 4 slots of talk and some pauses in between.
I would like to call for participation in giving a talk.
Right now we have the following kind of schedule planned:

Start at 4 p.m have 2 talks, and some networking.
Around 6:30 p.m. we'd like to start with the "second" half of the community event which we like to open even further to more people outside this community.
We will advertise the second half with another two talks more broadly in the local communities.

One note regarding technical setup, we're evaluating if it's possible to have the talks available live via a zoom call. This isn't "fixed" yet, and if we're able to create such a setup, people who would like to join remotely will only be allowed by invitation.

Hope to get a bunch of feedback by the community :)

thanks, Achim
--

Apache Member
OPS4J Pax Web <http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/> Committer & Project Lead

Re: Apache Karaf community Meetup in April and CFP

kleber
Hi there!

That's good news!
I hope this event can be available remotely.

On Feb 19, 2020, at 06:13, Achim Nierbeck <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

[...]

Maurice Betzel
Hi Achim an JB,

thank you for your the effort regarding this event.
My conception of a complete open community, as proclaimed on the Karaf
website, might be wrong.
But having a closed and a open event part which you "like to open even
further to more people outside this community" makes me wonder. Could you
elaborate a bit this so i can make myself a clearer picture what your
intentions are?

Thanks Maurice.

if ( you want ) { you can } else { you can't }

Re: Apache Karaf community Meetup in April and CFP

jbonofre
Hi Maurice

I?m not sure I follow you.

Can you please elaborate ?

Le jeu. 20 f?vr. 2020 ? 09:49, Maurice Betzel <[hidden email]> a ?crit :
Hi Achim an JB,

thank you for your the effort regarding this event.
My conception of a complete open community, as proclaimed on the Karaf
website, might be wrong.
But having a closed and a open event part which you "like to open even
further to more people outside this community" makes me wonder. Could you
elaborate a bit this so i can make myself a clearer picture what your
intentions are?

Thanks Maurice.

Re: Apache Karaf community Meetup in April and CFP

Maurice Betzel
Simply put, at what time should i be there?

if ( you want ) { you can } else { you can't }

Re: Apache Karaf community Meetup in April and CFP

jbonofre
Ahhh got it ????

The schedule will be shared soon. We will start at 4pm up to late at night ????

Le jeu. 20 f?vr. 2020 ? 10:08, Maurice Betzel <[hidden email]> a ?crit :
Simply put, at what time should i be there?

Re: Apache Karaf community Meetup in April and CFP

yeah sorry I might have communicated this wrong. It's open to everybody to participate right away at 4 pm.
My intention is to have an even more public advertising for the later part, to reach even more people via our regular meetup channels.
That's been the sole purpose of the "later" part. Though thinking about it I might do the advertisement for the event via meetup.com via a "split" event.
Might be easier to track who'll join early and who'll join later on. This will also be needed to plan for the catering, as we (as company) can host up to 30ish People in our meetup space.

If there is anything still unclear feel free to let us know.

regards, Achim

P.S. don't forget to give us a ping if you would like to give a talk :)

Am Do., 20. Feb. 2020 um 10:16 Uhr schrieb Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>:
Ahhh got it ????

The schedule will be shared soon. We will start at 4pm up to late at night ????

Le jeu. 20 f?vr. 2020 ? 10:08, Maurice Betzel <[hidden email]> a ?crit :
Simply put, at what time should i be there?

Apache Member
OPS4J Pax Web <http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/> Committer & Project Lead
blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

Re: Apache Karaf community Meetup in April and CFP

Maurice Betzel
JB, i get it, but I am still coming.

if ( you want ) { you can } else { you can't }

Re: Apache Karaf community Meetup in April and CFP

Sorry the smileys have been converted as ?

;)

Le jeu. 20 f?vr. 2020 ? 10:15, Jean-Baptiste Onofr? <[hidden email]> a ?crit :
Ahhh got it ????

The schedule will be shared soon. We will start at 4pm up to late at night ????

Le jeu. 20 f?vr. 2020 ? 10:08, Maurice Betzel <[hidden email]> a ?crit :
Simply put, at what time should i be there?

Re: Apache Karaf community Meetup in April and CFP

Maurice Betzel
This post was updated on .
JB, i left my smiley away so it was up to you if you would like to punch me
in the face or I could buy you a beer or two . Happy to add a smiley here.
Edit, Dropdown-Menü smileys not working, adding it manually :) .
Call it smileygate.

if ( you want ) { you can } else { you can't }

Re: Apache Karaf community Meetup in April and CFP

jbonofre
Always +1 for a beer (or two or three or more ;) )

Looking forward that ;)

Le jeu. 20 f?vr. 2020 ? 19:44, Maurice Betzel <[hidden email]> a ?crit :
JB, i left my smiley away so it was up to you if you would like to punch me
in the face or I could buy you a beer or two . Happy to add a smiley here.

Re: Apache Karaf community Meetup in April and CFP

Mike Hummel

30.04. would be possible for me too. I'm not part of the core community but working a lot with karaf and currently moving the productive systems to kubernetes. I have a bunch of problems with it currently and could contribute solutions for it.

And I like beer and good tech talks ;)

Regards, Mike

> On 20. Feb 2020, at 19:44, Maurice Betzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> JB, i left my smiley away so it was up to you if you would like to punch me
> in the face or I could buy you a beer or two . Happy to add a smiley here.

Re: Apache Karaf community Meetup in April and CFP

jbonofre
Awesome ! Looking forward to have beers with you !

Cheers
JB

Le jeu. 20 f?vr. 2020 ? 19:55, Mike Hummel <[hidden email]> a ?crit :
Hi,

30.04. would be possible for me too. I'm not part of the core community but working a lot with karaf and currently moving the productive systems to kubernetes. I have a bunch of problems with it currently and could contribute solutions for it.

And I like beer and good tech talks ;)

Regards, Mike

> On 20. Feb 2020, at 19:44, Maurice Betzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> JB, i left my smiley away so it was up to you if you would like to punch me
> in the face or I could buy you a beer or two . Happy to add a smiley here.

Re: Apache Karaf community Meetup in April and CFP

Achim Nierbeck
Oh we have plenty of beer here.
Mostly the world famous Tannenzäpfle from the Schwarzwald ;)
But also non-alcoholic beverages
I'm really looking forward to it

best regards, Achim

Am Do., 20. Feb. 2020 um 21:03 Uhr schrieb Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>:
Awesome ! Looking forward to have beers with you !

Cheers
JB

Le jeu. 20 f?vr. 2020 ? 19:55, Mike Hummel <[hidden email]> a ?crit :
Hi,

30.04. would be possible for me too. I'm not part of the core community but working a lot with karaf and currently moving the productive systems to kubernetes. I have a bunch of problems with it currently and could contribute solutions for it.

And I like beer and good tech talks ;)

Regards, Mike

> On 20. Feb 2020, at 19:44, Maurice Betzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> JB, i left my smiley away so it was up to you if you would like to punch me
> in the face or I could buy you a beer or two . Happy to add a smiley here.

Apache Member
OPS4J Pax Web <http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/> Committer & Project Lead
blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

Re: Apache Karaf community Meetup in April and CFP

jbonofre
It sounds great ;)

Thanks for all Achim ! Much appreciated ;)

Looking forward Karaf Meetup !

Le 21 févr. 2020 à 08:28, Achim Nierbeck <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Oh we have plenty of beer here.
Mostly the world famous Tannenzäpfle from the Schwarzwald ;)
But also non-alcoholic beverages
I'm really looking forward to it

best regards, Achim

Am Do., 20. Feb. 2020 um 21:03 Uhr schrieb Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>:
Awesome ! Looking forward to have beers with you !

Cheers
JB

Le jeu. 20 f?vr. 2020 ? 19:55, Mike Hummel <[hidden email]> a ?crit :
Hi,

30.04. would be possible for me too. I'm not part of the core community but working a lot with karaf and currently moving the productive systems to kubernetes. I have a bunch of problems with it currently and could contribute solutions for it.

And I like beer and good tech talks ;)

Regards, Mike

> On 20. Feb 2020, at 19:44, Maurice Betzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> JB, i left my smiley away so it was up to you if you would like to punch me
> in the face or I could buy you a beer or two . Happy to add a smiley here.

Apache Member
OPS4J Pax Web <http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/> Committer & Project Lead
blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

Re: Apache Karaf community Meetup in April and CFP

cooshal
Hello everyone. Thanks for the update on the meetup. I am excited to join.

Btw... is there a registration process for this event?

Regards,
Kushal.

Thanks for all Achim ! Much appreciated ;)

Looking forward Karaf Meetup !

Le 21 févr. 2020 à 08:28, Achim Nierbeck <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Oh we have plenty of beer here.
Mostly the world famous Tannenzäpfle from the Schwarzwald ;)
But also non-alcoholic beverages
I'm really looking forward to it

best regards, Achim

Am Do., 20. Feb. 2020 um 21:03 Uhr schrieb Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>:
Awesome ! Looking forward to have beers with you !

Cheers
JB

Le jeu. 20 f?vr. 2020 ? 19:55, Mike Hummel <[hidden email]> a ?crit :
Hi,

30.04. would be possible for me too. I'm not part of the core community but working a lot with karaf and currently moving the productive systems to kubernetes. I have a bunch of problems with it currently and could contribute solutions for it.

And I like beer and good tech talks ;)

Regards, Mike

> On 20. Feb 2020, at 19:44, Maurice Betzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> JB, i left my smiley away so it was up to you if you would like to punch me
> in the face or I could buy you a beer or two . Happy to add a smiley here.

Apache Member
OPS4J Pax Web <http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/> Committer & Project Lead
blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

Re: Apache Karaf community Meetup in April and CFP

jbonofre
Hi

I gonna check with Achim but I think it makes sense to have a doodle (or mailing) just to have a rough number of attendees.

Le ven. 21 f?vr. 2020 ? 08:43, Kushal Gautam <[hidden email]> a ?crit :
Hello everyone. Thanks for the update on the meetup. I am excited to join.

Btw... is there a registration process for this event?

Regards,
Kushal.

Thanks for all Achim ! Much appreciated ;)

Looking forward Karaf Meetup !

Le 21 f?vr. 2020 ? 08:28, Achim Nierbeck <[hidden email]> a ?crit :

Oh we have plenty of beer here.
Mostly the world famous Tannenz?pfle from the Schwarzwald ;)

Am Do., 20. Feb. 2020 um 21:03 Uhr schrieb Jean-Baptiste Onofr? <[hidden email]>:
Awesome ! Looking forward to have beers with you !

Cheers
JB

Le jeu. 20 f?vr. 2020 ? 19:55, Mike Hummel <[hidden email]> a ?crit :
Hi,

30.04. would be possible for me too. I'm not part of the core community but working a lot with karaf and currently moving the productive systems to kubernetes. I have a bunch of problems with it currently and could contribute solutions for it.

And I like beer and good tech talks ;)

Regards, Mike

> On 20. Feb 2020, at 19:44, Maurice Betzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> JB, i left my smiley away so it was up to you if you would like to punch me
> in the face or I could buy you a beer or two . Happy to add a smiley here.

Apache Member
OPS4J Pax Web <http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/> Committer & Project Lead
blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

Re: Apache Karaf community Meetup in April and CFP

Sascha Vogt

Am 19.02.2020 um 12:13 schrieb Achim Nierbeck:
> Hope to get a bunch of feedback by the community :)

Awesome. From SEEBURGER we will be at least 3 people ;) I'll share it
along with the rest of the colleagues as soon as it appears on the
public ML archives or we have another meetup / news announcement I can
link to :)

Greetings
-Sascha-

Re: Apache Karaf community Meetup in April and CFP

Hi guys,

Sorry, I was swamped beginning of this week but I’m now fully back on Apache Karaf ;)

I will send the formal announcement on mailing list and share on Apache Karaf twitter account later today.
In the meantime, I will update the website with meetup news.

I already created a document shared with Achim to register the participants, talk proposals, etc. So, feel free to mail me or Achim if you want to attend and/or submit a talk.

Feel free to spread the word once the announcements will be made ;)

Thanks all for your support and your interest in Apache Karaf !!

Hi all,