Automatic synchronisation with Cellar

rbraeunlich
Hi everybody,

I have a little problem with Cellar.
I unzipped two „fresh“ Karaf 3.0.2 and installed Cellar 3.0.0 on them.
Node discovery works and every Karaf instance finds the other one (both locally on my machine).
When I follow this page of the documentation http://karaf.apache.org/manual/cellar/latest/user-guide/nodes.html
the two instances should sync their state.
But after installing the eventadmin, like mentioned in the documentation, on the first Karaf the second Karaf doesn’t install the eventadmin.
Did I forget some configuration?

Cheers,
Ronny

Re: Automatic synchronisation with Cellar

jbonofre
Hi Ronny,

anything special in the log ?

Can you try to use Cellar 3.0.3-SNAPSHOT ?

On 12/08/2014 08:21 PM, Ronny Bräunlich wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I have a little problem with Cellar.
> I unzipped two „fresh“ Karaf 3.0.2 and installed Cellar 3.0.0 on them.
> Node discovery works and every Karaf instance finds the other one (both locally on my machine).
> When I follow this page of the documentation http://karaf.apache.org/manual/cellar/latest/user-guide/nodes.html
> the two instances should sync their state.
> But after installing the eventadmin, like mentioned in the documentation, on the first Karaf the second Karaf doesn’t install the eventadmin.
> Did I forget some configuration?
>
> Cheers,
> Ronny

Re: Automatic synchronisation with Cellar

rbraeunlich
Hi Jean-Baptiste,

I should’ve taken a look into the log:
014-12-08 20:08:23,290 | INFO  | FelixStartLevel  | SshServerFactory                 | 57 - org.apache.karaf.shell.ssh - 3.0.2 | Error updating SSH server
java.net.BindException: Address already in use

After changing the port synchronization works. I didn’t know it uses SSH for that.
Thank you!

Cheers,
Ronny

Am 08.12.2014 um 20:37 schrieb Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>:

Hi Ronny,

anything special in the log ?

Can you try to use Cellar 3.0.3-SNAPSHOT ?

On 12/08/2014 08:21 PM, Ronny Bräunlich wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I have a little problem with Cellar.
> I unzipped two „fresh“ Karaf 3.0.2 and installed Cellar 3.0.0 on them.
> Node discovery works and every Karaf instance finds the other one (both locally on my machine).
> When I follow this page of the documentation http://karaf.apache.org/manual/cellar/latest/user-guide/nodes.html
> the two instances should sync their state.
> But after installing the eventadmin, like mentioned in the documentation, on the first Karaf the second Karaf doesn’t install the eventadmin.
> Did I forget some configuration?
>
> Cheers,
> Ronny

Re: Automatic synchronisation with Cellar

jbonofre
It doesn't, but your second instance was not in a complete valid state.