Better documentation on how to contribute

Better documentation on how to contribute

cschneider
Hi all,

our current community page is not very detailed and leaves many
questions open for contributors.

I described now how to add issues, create pull requests and apply pull
requests. Please review the changes and comment or improve the
documentation.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/karaf/site/trunk/src/main/webapp/community.html

Btw. We also need some documentation on how to edit the karaf site and
manual. I do not know how to actually update the website. I would be
happy about any pointers .. or ideally documentation on the community page.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: Better documentation on how to contribute

IMHO, the pull request review section can be updated, I will update it.

The website simply uses scm-publish:

mvn intall scm-publish:publish-scm

will publish the website.

I will update the README on the website.

> Hi all,
>
> our current community page is not very detailed and leaves many questions open
> for contributors.
>
> I described now how to add issues, create pull requests and apply pull requests.
> Please review the changes and comment or improve the documentation.
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/karaf/site/trunk/src/main/webapp/community.html
>
> Btw. We also need some documentation on how to edit the karaf site and manual. I
> do not know how to actually update the website. I would be happy about any
> pointers .. or ideally documentation on the community page.
>
> Christian

Re: Better documentation on how to contribute

By the way, it's already explained in the README.md:

https://github.com/apache/karaf-site

I guess you missed that.

> Hi all,
>
> our current community page is not very detailed and leaves many questions open
> for contributors.
>
> I described now how to add issues, create pull requests and apply pull requests.
> Please review the changes and comment or improve the documentation.
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/karaf/site/trunk/src/main/webapp/community.html
>
> Btw. We also need some documentation on how to edit the karaf site and manual. I
> do not know how to actually update the website. I would be happy about any
> pointers .. or ideally documentation on the community page.
>
> Christian

Re: Better documentation on how to contribute

jbonofre
I updated the instructions and publish the website.