Blueprint and managed Services

Guenther Schmidt
Hello,

how do I set the system.pid for a service that needs to receive its
configuration data from the OSGi container using Blueprint?

Guenther

Re: Blueprint and managed Services

Guillaume Nodet-2

how do I set the system.pid for a service that needs to receive its configuration data from the OSGi container using Blueprint?

Guenther

Re: Blueprint and managed Services

Guillaume Nodet-2
Blueprint does not call setters while the beans are created, so your code does not need to care about changes.
What happens is that if the configuration changes, the whole blueprint application will be refreshed.

Hello Guillaume,

thank you very much.

I had hoped for an example where a change of several values is transmitted in one go, much like ManagedService.

Having configuration values change individually requires me to do quite a bit of reprogramming as right now my code expects all of these values to change atomically.

Guenther

Re: Blueprint and managed Services

Guenther Schmidt
Hello Guillaume,

thank you very much, your answers have been very helpful. With update-strategy="component-manged" I do get what I want. I have not tested if the configuration of the service implementation is set at least before the service is used. The configuration has been "deposited" before the bundle was installed.

Guenther

PS: I have tried to find the answers of my own, but as far as "official" document goes it seems a bit sparse ...