Branding and child instance

jacgec
I have branded a copy of Karaf 2.3.1, and my changes show up just fine.  However, when I create a child instance, start & connect to it, the console reverts back to the standard logo & welcome message.

I see that a default copy of etc/custom.properties is created for the child instance rather than the modified copy from the root instance.  I've read a post here that states that a child instance doesn't inherit from the root instance.  I was expecting that if I brand a copy of Karaf, that any child instances it creates would also be branded.  I have seen that if I can cause the child instance to use the branding if I manually modify that instance's copy of etc/custom.properties file.

So how do I get any child instances I create to be branded 'automatically'.