Building a KAR from non-maven sources

jnaous
Hi,

I have the following maven multi-module project:

parent
 +- child1
 +- child2
 +- distribution

How can I build a KAR that contains child1 and child2 without installing child1 and child2 to maven? I've tried using the file: protocol in the features.xml file describing the kar, but I get "Not a Maven URL" error for that. Here's my config for the features-maven-plugin:

      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.apache.karaf.tooling</groupId>
        <artifactId>features-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>2.2.8</version>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>create-kar</id>
            <goals>
              <goal>create-kar</goal>
            </goals>
            <phase>generate-resources</phase>
            <configuration>
              <featuresFile>src/main/resources/features.xml</featuresFile>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>

The reason I attach the kar creation goal to the generate-resources phase is because I want to use the kar in creating a custom karaf distribution using the assembly plugin.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jad.

Re: Building a KAR from non-maven sources

vishalgajjar3
Even I want to decouple my project from Maven.... Is there a way in which I can use karaf without mvn...??