Combining OBR indexes and Karaf features

Combining OBR indexes and Karaf features

matteor
Hello!

Using the bnd toolchain one has the capability of generating an OBR index from a set of maven dependencies through the bnd-indexer-maven-plugin. As an example, this feature is already in use in CXF and a working example is here.

On the other hand, in Karaf we have the concept of Feature to provision bundles along with their dependencies. As far as I understand the best option is to manually maintain these feature files and to validate them using the karaf-maven-plugin.

I'm wondering if there is a way to combine Karaf features with an index to somehow automate (at least to some extent) feature generation (something like "resolving" features against an index to complete missing requirements?).

Many thanks,
matteo