Console of child instance didn't react same as root.

SvS

Console of child instance didn't react same as root.

SvS
Hi all,

When I copy a long url in a child instance it didn't accept all characters and in the root instance it accept all the character.

For example:
features:addurl mvn:org.apache.ace.karaf/apache-ace/0.8.1-incubator-SNAPSHOT/xml/features

Do I something wrong?

Regards,
SvS
Regards,
SvS

Re: Console of child instance didn't react same as root.

jgoodyear
Hi,

Which version of Karaf and platform are you running on?

If on windows it may be platform specific issue we're aware of :(

Jamie

SvS

Re: Console of child instance didn't react same as root.

SvS
Hi Jamie,

Thanks for you response!

I use version 2.2.5 of karaf en run it on Windows XP. I see in it issue that this is solved in 3.0.0 of karaf. Is this correct? Is there a work around?

Regards,
SvS
Regards,
SvS

About cluster:node-ping command in Cellar

XiLai Dai
Hi,

When I try to run cluster:node-ping command with Karaf + Cellar cluster env, it always give a reply with about 10 seconds delay time if the target node is on the other machine.

karaf@trun> cluster:node-ping 192.168.2.104:5701
Pinging node 192.168.2.104:5701
PING 1 192.168.2.104:5701 10002ms
PING 2 192.168.2.104:5701 10001ms
PING 3 192.168.2.104:5701 10002ms
PING 4 192.168.2.104:5701 10000ms

Is it Ok or any configuration need to be set? Or it's a known issue.  Thanks!

Regards.
Xilai

Re: About cluster:node-ping command in Cellar

jbonofre
Hi Xilai,

Some questions:

- Which Cellar version ?
- Which kind of discover used (static, unicast/multicast) ?

If you do a system ping, what kind of latency do you have ?

I tried on my VM without problem.

On 02/09/2012 10:52 AM, XiLai Dai wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I try to run cluster:node-ping command with Karaf + Cellar cluster env, it always give a reply with about 10 seconds delay time if the target node is on the other machine.
>
> karaf@trun>  cluster:node-ping 192.168.2.104:5701
> Pinging node 192.168.2.104:5701
> PING 1 192.168.2.104:5701 10002ms
> PING 2 192.168.2.104:5701 10001ms
> PING 3 192.168.2.104:5701 10002ms
> PING 4 192.168.2.104:5701 10000ms
>
> Is it Ok or any configuration need to be set? Or it's a known issue.  Thanks!
>
> Regards.
> Xilai

Re: About cluster:node-ping command in Cellar

iocanel
Hi Xilai,

The output is misleading, due to a bug. What actually happens is that all commands timeout after 10 seconds, but the ping command does not properly handle the timeout resulting in this false output.
I think that this issue happens when pinging nodes on separate groups. Could you please file a jira about it?

On 9 Φεβ 2012, at 12:25 μ.μ., Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:

[...]

Ioannis Canellos

Ioannis Canellos
http://iocanel.blogspot.com

Re: Console of child instance didn't react same as root.

jgoodyear
I don't have a windows environment on hand to test the shell, however
looking deeper into the issue it appears some work was done for
3.0.0-snapshot to specifically handle windows terminals
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-1071 - part of
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-610), perhaps a similar
fix is required on 2.2.x, need to see if other library versions come
into play here (don't want to break backward compatibility on a
branch).

Cheers,
Jamie

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 4:10 AM, SvS <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Jamie,
>
> Thanks for you response!
>
> I use version 2.2.5 of karaf en run it on Windows XP. I see in it issue that
> this is solved in 3.0.0 of karaf. Is this correct? Is there a work around?
>
> Regards,
> SvS

RE: About cluster:node-ping command in Cellar

XiLai Dai
Hi, JB,

The Cellar version is 2.2.3.
features:addurl mvn:org.apache.karaf.cellar/apache-karaf-cellar/2.2.3/xml/features
features:install cellar

I've made nothing change to the cellar configuration files in the etc/, keep the default value in the etc/ org.apache.karaf.cellar.instance.cfg :
multicastEnabled=true
multicastGroup=224.2.2.3
multicastPort=54327
multicastTimeoutSeconds=2

so the discovery type should be multicast.

I've tested with a system ping (Win 7), the replies is quickly at most about hundreds milliseconds. But the replies from Cellar ping are constantly about 10 seconds.

Thanks
Xilai

- Which kind of discover used (static, unicast/multicast) ?

If you do a system ping, what kind of latency do you have ?

I tried on my VM without problem.

On 02/09/2012 10:52 AM, XiLai Dai wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I try to run cluster:node-ping command with Karaf + Cellar cluster env, it always give a reply with about 10 seconds delay time if the target node is on the other machine.
>
> karaf@trun>  cluster:node-ping 192.168.2.104:5701
> Pinging node 192.168.2.104:5701
> PING 1 192.168.2.104:5701 10002ms
> PING 2 192.168.2.104:5701 10001ms
> PING 3 192.168.2.104:5701 10002ms
> PING 4 192.168.2.104:5701 10000ms
>
> Is it Ok or any configuration need to be set? Or it's a known issue.  Thanks!
>
> Regards.
> Xilai

Re: About cluster:node-ping command in Cellar

jbonofre
Hi Xilai,

after checking in the code, in 2.2.3, the timeout handling is not fully
fixed.
So I think that you raise the timeout.

I advice you:
- to check if you don't have Windows firewall/firewall blocking the
multicast/hazelcast messages
- to switch in static host definition in the
etc/org.apache.karaf.cellar.instance.cfg and etc/hazelcast.xml

I raised:

I will fix this issue for Cellar 2.2.4.

On 02/10/2012 03:14 AM, XiLai Dai wrote:

> Hi, JB,
>
> The Cellar version is 2.2.3.
> features:addurl mvn:org.apache.karaf.cellar/apache-karaf-cellar/2.2.3/xml/features
> features:install cellar
>
> I've made nothing change to the cellar configuration files in the etc/, keep the default value in the etc/ org.apache.karaf.cellar.instance.cfg :
> multicastEnabled=true
> multicastGroup=224.2.2.3
> multicastPort=54327
> multicastTimeoutSeconds=2
>
> so the discovery type should be multicast.
>
> I've tested with a system ping (Win 7), the replies is quickly at most about hundreds milliseconds. But the replies from Cellar ping are constantly about 10 seconds.
>
> Thanks
> Xilai

How to blacklist specific feature with cellar

XiLai Dai
Hi,

Just want to make some specific feature (eg. http) disabled sync between the nodes.

For example, start two karaf 2.2.5 containers

Create etc/org.ops4j.pax.web.cfg for both of them.
Set port for first karaf:  org.osgi.service.http.port=8080
Set port for second karaf: org.osgi.service.http.port=8081

install http feature on both of them
karaf@root>features:install http

then , install cellar on both of them
karaf@root>features:addurl mvn:org.apache.karaf.cellar/apache-karaf-cellar/2.2.3/xml/features
karaf@root>features:install cellar

and add the http feature into the blacklist in the etc/org.apache.karaf.cellar.groups.cfg
default.features.blacklist.inbound=cellar,http
default.features.blacklist.outbound=cellar,http

then , restart 2 containers.

What expected will be both http://localhost:8080 and http://localhost:8081 could be listening, but unfortunately, only http://localhost:8081 can be accessible.
What else configuration/steps have to do? Or it's a blacklist problem of cellar?

Thanks.
Xilai

Re: How to blacklist specific feature with cellar

jbonofre
Hi Xilai,

The configuration of blacklist/whitelist should be done before the
features install (else, it's assigned to the local node cluster group).

Anyway, your configuration is correct.

On 02/14/2012 04:58 AM, XiLai Dai wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just want to make some specific feature (eg. http) disabled sync between the nodes.
>
> For example, start two karaf 2.2.5 containers
>
> Create etc/org.ops4j.pax.web.cfg for both of them.
> Set port for first karaf:  org.osgi.service.http.port=8080
> Set port for second karaf: org.osgi.service.http.port=8081
>
> install http feature on both of them
> karaf@root>features:install http
>
> then , install cellar on both of them
> karaf@root>features:addurl mvn:org.apache.karaf.cellar/apache-karaf-cellar/2.2.3/xml/features
> karaf@root>features:install cellar
>
> and add the http feature into the blacklist in the etc/org.apache.karaf.cellar.groups.cfg
> default.features.blacklist.inbound=cellar,http
> default.features.blacklist.outbound=cellar,http
>
> then , restart 2 containers.
>
> What expected will be both http://localhost:8080 and http://localhost:8081 could be listening, but unfortunately, only http://localhost:8081 can be accessible.
> What else configuration/steps have to do? Or it's a blacklist problem of cellar?
>
> Thanks.
> Xilai

RE: How to blacklist specific feature with cellar

XiLai Dai
Thanks JB!

"before the features install ... "
Which feature did you mean?  Cellar feature or http feature(those want to be blacklisted)?

should we provide a predefined org.apache.karaf.cellar.groups.cfg file which include all features,configs want to be blacklisted before start karaf container with cellar?

Thanks.
Xilai
The configuration of blacklist/whitelist should be done before the
features install (else, it's assigned to the local node cluster group).

Anyway, your configuration is correct.

On 02/14/2012 04:58 AM, XiLai Dai wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just want to make some specific feature (eg. http) disabled sync between the nodes.
>
> For example, start two karaf 2.2.5 containers
>
> Create etc/org.ops4j.pax.web.cfg for both of them.
> Set port for first karaf:  org.osgi.service.http.port=8080
> Set port for second karaf: org.osgi.service.http.port=8081
>
> install http feature on both of them
> karaf@root>features:install http
>
> then , install cellar on both of them
> karaf@root>features:addurl mvn:org.apache.karaf.cellar/apache-karaf-cellar/2.2.3/xml/features
> karaf@root>features:install cellar
>
> and add the http feature into the blacklist in the etc/org.apache.karaf.cellar.groups.cfg
> default.features.blacklist.inbound=cellar,http
> default.features.blacklist.outbound=cellar,http
>
> then , restart 2 containers.
>
> What expected will be both http://localhost:8080 and http://localhost:8081 could be listening, but unfortunately, only http://localhost:8081 can be accessible.
> What else configuration/steps have to do? Or it's a blacklist problem of cellar?
>
> Thanks.
> Xilai

Re: How to blacklist specific feature with cellar

jbonofre
http feature.

Let me explain deeper ;)

In fact, the [group].feature.[name].blacklist.[inbound|outbound]
property blocks the Cellar cluster event to be send (outbound) or
received (inbound) on an event handler. If you configure it after the
http feature installation, it's "too late", the events have been already
sent with features:install command (due to the FeaturesListener) (only
the new node will not be sync). So to block the http feature, you should
block the event sending before installing the http feature.