Quantcast

Decanter / Accessing Kibana with an external IP

Decanter / Accessing Kibana with an external IP

karstenB
Hello, i installed Karaf + Decanter according to this: http://karaf.apache.org/decanter_installation.html with a Java8 JRE on Windows7 and another installation on Linux Suse enterprise with same result. The collectors, appenders are running and i can access Kibana with a locally started Browswer with no problem showing dashboards etc. Elasticsearch-Head and the cluster is available by non local Ip also. The first Kibana page is shown, then an error page comes up saying it cannot connect to ES. error: Error: Unknown error while connecting to Elasticsearch ErrorAbstract@http://:8181/kibana/index.js?_b=7562:84021:19 NoConnections@http://:8181/kibana/index.js?_b=7562:84044:3 sendReqWithConnection@http://:8181/kibana/index.js?_b=7562:85302:15 next@http://:8181/kibana/index.js?_b=7562:83802:1 [13]</process.nextTick</<@http://<external IP>:8181/kibana/index.js?_b=7562:52880:21 The Kibana forum talks about Proxy-Settings but these are off already. in elasticsearch.yml i tried network.host with localhost, 127.0.0.1 and external ip i see in file "config" of the kibana bundle the ES access to localhost:9200 which is working with ES-Head. How do i open the Kibana dashboards to other Ip addresses? Thanks in advance, Karsten

Re: Decanter / Accessing Kibana with an external IP

jbonofre
Hi Karsten,

Just to be sure I understand your issue: kibana works fine when you access it
locally (using localhost address for instance), but fails when you access remotely ?

I think it could be related to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-4113.

By default kibana uses the window.location.hostname for the elasticsearch
location. So, remotely, it won't find the elasticsearch instance if it's not on
the same location/address.

Can you try to "force" the elasticsearch location using the following URL:

http://kibana:8181/kibana?elasticsearch=http://elasticsearch:9400

?

On 04/12/2017 09:46 AM, karstenB wrote:

> Hello,i installed Karaf + Decanter according to
> this:http://karaf.apache.org/decanter_installation.htmlwith a Java8 JRE on
> Windows7 and another installation on Linux Suse enterprise with same
> result.The collectors, appenders are running and i can access Kibana with a
> locally started Browswer with no problem showing dashboards
> etc.Elasticsearch-Head and the cluster is available by non local Ip also.
> The first Kibana page is shown, then an error page comes up saying it cannot
> connect to ES.error:Error: Unknown error while connecting to Elasticsearch
> ErrorAbstract@http://:8181/kibana/index.js?_b=7562:84021:19
> NoConnections@http://:8181/kibana/index.js?_b=7562:84044:3
> sendReqWithConnection@http://:8181/kibana/index.js?_b=7562:85302:15
> next@http://:8181/kibana/index.js?_b=7562:83802:1
> [13]</process.nextTick&lt;/&lt;@http://&lt;external
> IP>:8181/kibana/index.js?_b=7562:52880:21The Kibana forum talks about
> Proxy-Settings but these are off already.in elasticsearch.yml i tried
> network.host with localhost, 127.0.0.1 and external ipi see in file "config"
> of the kibana bundle the ES access to localhost:9200 which is working with
> ES-Head.How do i open the Kibana dashboards to other Ip addresses?Thanks in
> advance,Karsten

RE: Decanter / Accessing Kibana with an external IP

karstenB

Hi JB,

that did not work out either:

http://<decanter_ip>:8181/kibana?elasticsearch=http://<decanter_ip>:9300

produced from external ip:

   Error: Unknown error while connecting to Elasticsearch Error:

   No Living connections at sendReqWithConnection

   (http://<decanter_ip>:8181/kibana/index.js?_b=7562:85302:15)

   at next (http://<decanter_ip>:8181/kibana/index.js?_b=7562:83802:7)

   at http://<decanter_ip>:8181/kibana/index.js?_b=7562:52880:21

Calling the above from my local machine worked.

I replaced the Kibana bundle with a separate 4.4.2 Kibana installation.

Which is not as neat as having everything in karaf but works.

Re: Decanter / Accessing Kibana with an external IP

jbonofre
Thanks for the report.

Let me try to reproduce and investigate. I will eventually create a Jira and
will let you know.

On 04/13/2017 09:41 AM, karstenB wrote:

> Hi JB,
> that did not work out either:
> http://<decanter_ip>:8181/kibana?elasticsearch=http://<decanter_ip>:9300<http://%3cdecanter_ip%3e:8181/kibana?elasticsearch=http://%3cdecanter_ip%3e:9300>
> produced from external ip:
>
>    Error: Unknown error while connecting to Elasticsearch Error:
>    No Living connections at sendReqWithConnection
>    (http://<decanter_ip>:8181/kibana/index.js?_b=7562:85302:15)
>    at next (http://<decanter_ip>:8181/kibana/index.js?_b=7562:83802:7)
>    at http://<decanter_ip>:8181/kibana/index.js?_b=7562:52880:21<http://%3cdecanter_ip%3e:8181/kibana/index.js?_b=7562:52880:21>
>
> Calling the above from my local machine worked.
> I replaced the Kibana bundle with a separate 4.4.2 Kibana installation.
> Which is not as neat as having everything in karaf but works.

RE: Decanter / Accessing Kibana with an external IP

karstenB

Ok thanks,

Regards

Karsten