Docker image for 4.2.8

giamma
Dear Karaf maintainers,

now that 4.2.8 is out is there any plan to update the docker image on docker
hub?
I am asking because the image published to the hub is currently based on
4.2.7 and I have the impression that it fails to work because the Pax URL
configuration declares Maven Central URLs with HTTP rather than HTTPS.

It looks like HTTP is not accepted anymore. 4.2.8 comes with a default
configuration that uses HTTPS while 4.2.7 is still using HTTP.

Thanks in advance
Giamma.

Re: Docker image for 4.2.8

The Central URL fix (to use HTTPs by default) is not fixed on 4.2.8 by default (it will be included in Karaf 4.2.9). We have a workaround (just updating etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg). I will push "custom" Karaf 4.2.8 docker image with the workaround.

I should be OK by tonight.

> Le 16 mars 2020 à 11:04, giamma <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Dear Karaf maintainers,
>
> now that 4.2.8 is out is there any plan to update the docker image on docker
> hub?
> I am asking because the image published to the hub is currently based on
> 4.2.7 and I have the impression that it fails to work because the Pax URL
> configuration declares Maven Central URLs with HTTP rather than HTTPS.
>
> It looks like HTTP is not accepted anymore. 4.2.8 comes with a default
> configuration that uses HTTPS while 4.2.7 is still using HTTP.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Giamma.

Re: Docker image for 4.2.8

giamma
Hi,

thank you so much.
But be aware, I just downloaded 4.2.8 and the MVN configuration already
contains HTTPS URLs:

# A repository url can be appended with zero or more of the following flags:
#    @snapshots  : the repository contains snapshots
#    @noreleases : the repository does not contain any released artifacts
#    @id=repository.id : the id for the repository, just like in the
#        settings.xml this is optional but recommended
#
org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories= \
    https://repo1.maven.org/maven2@id=central, \

https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots-group@id=apache@snapshots@noreleases,
\

https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/ops4j-snapshots@id=ops4j.sonatype.snapshots.deploy@snapshots@noreleases

Re: Docker image for 4.2.8

I did the fix in this commit:

commit f48124ec7bcfb852604739c0c658af02b7bf7d8f
Author: Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
Date:   Thu Jan 16 06:25:49 2020 +0100

    [KARAF-6600] Use https URL for Maven Central

    (cherry picked from commit c29efdf9a9b3570eccd1555d494d9aa5fbab7afa)

You are right, it’s already included as I did 4.2.8 release on Jan 19.

I will push 4.2.8 "official" docker image on docker hub.

Le 19 mars 2020 à 12:50, giamma <[hidden email]> a écrit :

[...]

Hi Giamma,

Just to let you know that I pushed the "official" docker images for both Karaf 4.2.8 and 4.3.0.RC1.

I’m adding an automatic script (including Dockerfile push, …) when doing a release.

> Le 16 mars 2020 à 11:04, giamma <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Dear Karaf maintainers,
>
> now that 4.2.8 is out is there any plan to update the docker image on docker
> hub?
> I am asking because the image published to the hub is currently based on
> 4.2.7 and I have the impression that it fails to work because the Pax URL
> configuration declares Maven Central URLs with HTTP rather than HTTPS.
>
> It looks like HTTP is not accepted anymore. 4.2.8 comes with a default
> configuration that uses HTTPS while 4.2.7 is still using HTTP.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Giamma.

Re: Docker image for 4.2.8

giamma