Docker image

Michal Hlavac
Hi,

I think it's good to have official docker image of karaf.
There are some images in hub.docker.com, but mostly without documentation. I prepared proposal how official image should looks like.
It runs as non-root user karaf and add way how to use it in development phase (map host maven repository to container).
Let me know what you think about it.

hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/hlavki/karaf/
source: https://github.com/hlavki/docker-karaf/

thanks, miso

Re: Docker image

jbonofre
Hi Miso,

I also have some docker images for Karaf as well. I requested an official space
on Apache docker (official).

Let me take a look on you dockerfile/image and maybe we can merge our stuff as
an official Apache docker.

Thanks !

On 04/02/2017 11:58 PM, Michal Hlavac wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think it's good to have official docker image of karaf.
> There are some images in hub.docker.com, but mostly without documentation. I prepared proposal how official image should looks like.
> It runs as non-root user karaf and add way how to use it in development phase (map host maven repository to container).
> Let me know what you think about it.
>
> hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/hlavki/karaf/
> source: https://github.com/hlavki/docker-karaf/
>
> thanks, miso

Re: Official Docker image for karaf

imranrazakhan
Do we have official docker image for karaf?

Sent from: http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-Dev-f930721.html

Re: Official Docker image for karaf

I'm preparing one on the Apache DockerHub. It's part of the docker
feature PR on which I'm working (based on
https://github.com/jbonofre/karaf-docker). So the docker file will be
part of the build.

I keep you posted (we have a Jira about that).