Duplicate Configuration when installing a feature

Duplicate Configuration when installing a feature

j3rem1e
Hi,

I am using Karaf 4.1.2 and a simple feature like :

<feature name="my-feature">
  <config name="my.pid-myfactorypid">
     myproperty = xxx
  </config>
</feature>

when this feature is installed, I can see with the "config:list" command that this configuration is deployed two times, one with a "org.apache.karaf.features.configKey" property, and the second one with "felix.fileinstall.filename".

as this configuration is used with a ManagedServiceFactory, the components is instanciated two times instead of one.

Is it a known issue ? To me, it's related to FeatureConfigInstaller.updateStore() with doesn't add explicitly a "felix.fileinstall.filename" property..

Regards,
Jérémie

Re: Duplicate Configuration when installing a feature

yes, it's due to the - in the config name. The workaround is to use
<configfile/> instead.

We already have a Jira about that, let me find it.

On 09/25/2017 05:03 PM, J. Brebec wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Karaf 4.1.2 and a simple feature like :
>
> <feature name="my-feature">
>    <config name="my.pid-myfactorypid">
>       myproperty = xxx
>    </config>
> </feature>
>
> when this feature is installed, I can see with the "config:list" command that this configuration is deployed two times, one with a "org.apache.karaf.features.configKey" property, and the second one with "felix.fileinstall.filename".
>
> as this configuration is used with a ManagedServiceFactory, the components is instanciated two times instead of one.
>
> Is it a known issue ? To me, it's related to FeatureConfigInstaller.updateStore() with doesn't add explicitly a "felix.fileinstall.filename" property..
>
> Regards,
> Jérémie

Re: Duplicate Configuration when installing a feature

j3rem1e
I haven't found a ticket on jira about this issue.. however, backporting the commit [1] into the branch karaf-4.1 fixes it for me.

Regards

[1] https://github.com/apache/karaf/commit/d1ce154d27c8416911deec29f04594ff805d90df

On 2017-09-25 18:23, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> yes, it's due to the - in the config name. The workaround is to use
> <configfile/> instead.
>
> We already have a Jira about that, let me find it.

> On 09/25/2017 05:03 PM, J. Brebec wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using Karaf 4.1.2 and a simple feature like :
> >
> > <feature name="my-feature">
> >    <config name="my.pid-myfactorypid">
> >       myproperty = xxx
> >    </config>
> > </feature>
> >
> > when this feature is installed, I can see with the "config:list" command that this configuration is deployed two times, one with a "org.apache.karaf.features.configKey" property, and the second one with "felix.fileinstall.filename".
> >
> > as this configuration is used with a ManagedServiceFactory, the components is instanciated two times instead of one.
> >
> > Is it a known issue ? To me, it's related to FeatureConfigInstaller.updateStore() with doesn't add explicitly a "felix.fileinstall.filename" property..
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jérémie

Re: Duplicate Configuration when installing a feature

I cherry-pick the commit on karaf-4.1.x branch and testing both locally and on
Jenkins.

On 09/26/2017 08:31 AM, J. Brebec wrote:

> I haven't found a ticket on jira about this issue.. however, backporting the commit [1] into the branch karaf-4.1 fixes it for me.
>
> Regards
>
> [1] https://github.com/apache/karaf/commit/d1ce154d27c8416911deec29f04594ff805d90df
>

> On 2017-09-25 18:23, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> yes, it's due to the - in the config name. The workaround is to use
>> <configfile/> instead.
>>
>> We already have a Jira about that, let me find it.

>> On 09/25/2017 05:03 PM, J. Brebec wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am using Karaf 4.1.2 and a simple feature like :
>>>
>>> <feature name="my-feature">
>>>     <config name="my.pid-myfactorypid">
>>>        myproperty = xxx
>>>     </config>
>>> </feature>
>>>
>>> when this feature is installed, I can see with the "config:list" command that this configuration is deployed two times, one with a "org.apache.karaf.features.configKey" property, and the second one with "felix.fileinstall.filename".
>>>
>>> as this configuration is used with a ManagedServiceFactory, the components is instanciated two times instead of one.
>>>
>>> Is it a known issue ? To me, it's related to FeatureConfigInstaller.updateStore() with doesn't add explicitly a "felix.fileinstall.filename" property..
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Jérémie
>>>

>> --
>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>> [hidden email]
>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Duplicate Configuration when installing a feature

j3rem1e
In fact, this commit doesn't always work : on a cold start, if the file is present on "etc", fileinstall can discover the configuration file exactly when the FeatureService create a Configuration object. In this case, two configurations are registered.

In my case, the configuration file is always present on etc because of the karaf-maven-plugin, and this issue appears randomly.