Equinox 3.7x

Stefan Eder
If the Karaf boot jar is compiled with Java >= 1.5 and bundled with the
OSGi classes of Equinox 3.7 instead of the Felix OSGi classes, it boots
both, Felix and Equinox (also Equinox 3.7). Of course only in a VM >= 1.5.

related to:
org.osgi.framework.Version.compareTo(Object) [old]
vs.
org.osgi.framework.Version.compareTo(Version) [new]

What about packaging two versions of the Karaf boot jar, the current one
as default and a second one to boot Equinox 3.7?

Thanks, Stefan

Re: Equinox 3.7x

jbonofre
Hi Stefan,

I guess that you use Karaf 2.2.x ?

On 01/03/2012 12:29 AM, Stefan Eder wrote:

> If the Karaf boot jar is compiled with Java >= 1.5 and bundled with the
> OSGi classes of Equinox 3.7 instead of the Felix OSGi classes, it boots
> both, Felix and Equinox (also Equinox 3.7). Of course only in a VM >= 1.5.
>
> related to:
> org.osgi.framework.Version.compareTo(Object) [old]
> vs.
> org.osgi.framework.Version.compareTo(Version) [new]
>
> What about packaging two versions of the Karaf boot jar, the current one
> as default and a second one to boot Equinox 3.7?
>
> Thanks, Stefan

Re: Equinox 3.7x

Stefan Eder
Hi Jean-Baptiste,

yes I currently use Karaf 2.2.2 - 2.2.5.

Regards,
Stefan