Quantcast

Exception in thread "Timer-0" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Encryption service jasypt not found.

Exception in thread "Timer-0" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Encryption service jasypt not found.

carma.robot
I just upgraded from Karaf 2.3.2 to 2.4.0 and I'm getting the following error on startup:

Exception in thread "Timer-0" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Encryption service jasypt not found. Please check that the encryption service is correctly set up.
        at org.apache.karaf.jaas.modules.encryption.EncryptionSupport.getEncryption(EncryptionSupport.java:86)
        at org.apache.karaf.jaas.modules.properties.AutoEncryptionSupport.getEncryptedPassword(AutoEncryptionSupport.java:117)
        at org.apache.karaf.jaas.modules.properties.AutoEncryptionSupport.encryptedPassword(AutoEncryptionSupport.java:92)
        at org.apache.karaf.jaas.modules.properties.AutoEncryptionSupport$1.run(AutoEncryptionSupport.java:64)

Would appreciate any help on how to fix this. Thanks.

Re: Exception in thread "Timer-0" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Encryption service jasypt not found.

carma.robot
Really? There's nothing on this? Nobody knows why JAAS depends on a service that is potentially provided by jasypt-encryption and yet jasypt-encryption has it's own dependency on jaas? Y'all just gonna act like that didn't happen?

Has anyone even tested jasypt encryption with Karaf 2.4.0?

Re: Exception in thread "Timer-0" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Encryption service jasypt not found.

carma.robot
FWIW I worked around this problem by rolling a custom version of the "standard-2.4.0-features.xml" file. I modified the "jasypt-encryption" feature so that it does not depend on the "jaas" feature. Then in "etc/org.apache.karaf.features.cfg" file I set the "featuresBoot" property so that "jasypt-encryption" is before "karaf-framework".

If I were to make an educated guess, i would say that this problem exists because someone forgot to include a test case that sets "encryption.name=jasypt" in etc/org.apache.karaf.jaas.cfg then starting the container.