Feature Update Technique

Paul Fraser
Hi,

What is the current technique for updating a feature?

I have tried feature:refresh and the feature:repo-refresh.

The only way I have succeeded so far is a complete maven rebuild and restart of Karaf.

Researching previous discussions suggest creating and installing a new version of the feature works OK.

Paul Fraser

Re: Feature Update Technique

cooshal
I also had similar issues, while trying to update the feature by simply
replacing the older artifacts with the new one (situated in the same
location [I was using file system to install feature bundles]).

Thus, I found that upgrading features with a newer version was an easier and
better option. Somehow they were cached, and did not refresh the state of
the new artifacts.

Re: Feature Update Technique

jbonofre
Remember to do feature:repo-refresh if you changed the features XML.

feature:update or bundle:update or bundle:watch works anyway.