Quantcast

Feature dependencies across kar files and custom repositories

Feature dependencies across kar files and custom repositories

Brian_E
Let's say I have a proper Kar file with a set of bundles and dependencies defined to it, and it deploys properly on its own. For example's sake, lets say it provides Feature A.

Next, I create a custom repository to be distributed with karaf (and configured to be read from), and within this repository it defines Feature B that depends on feature A within the Kar file.

Should this work? Is this supported?  Is there a defined startup order within karaf that Kars get deployed before repositories are read from?