Features ans start up questions

xav

Features ans start up questions

xav
Hi all,

I have a question about Karaf 4.X and features at the start up

Libs used:
Karaf: 4.2.1
ActiveMq: 5.15.4
cxf-dosgi: 3.2.6
etc.

My question is about Karaf's functionality.

Inside the org.apache.karaf.features.cfg, I have

featuresBoot = \
    (wrap), \
    standard/4.2.1, \
    my-feature/2.0.1.SNAPSHOT, \
    framework/4.2.1, \
    jasypt-encryption/4.2.1

And in my-feature:

<features xmlns="http://karaf.apache.org/xmlns/features/v1.5.0"
name="automation-feature-2.0.1-SNAPSHOT">
    <feature name="my-feature" description="My description"
version="2.0.1-SNAPSHOT">
        <feature version="2.0.1-SNAPSHOT">XXXXX</feature>
        <feature version="2.0.1-SNAPSHOT">XXXXX</feature>
     </feature>

    <feature name="XXXXX" version="2.0.1-SNAPSHOT">

        <feature prerequisite="true" dependency="false">wrap</feature>
        <bundle>mvn:XXX/XXXX/2.0.1-SNAPSHOT</bundle>
     </feature>
</features>

The question is about the start up of karaf.

When I launch karaf (karaf clean), in INFO I have quickly
Adding features:
standard/[4.2.1,4.2.1],jasypt-encryption/[4.2.1,4.2.1],framework/[4.2.1,4.2.1],my-feature/[2.0.1.SNAPSHOT,2.0.1.SNAPSHOT]

after I must wait more than 1 minute and half to see something, after that
it stop and resart some feature? in DEBUG mode I saw some connection on
network, but I don’t understand, why?
Because I used karaf-maven-plugin to build my assembly, and inside the
system folder I have all bundles, so why karaf, try to do a newtwork
connection to try to take some bundles, features?

And at the start, Karaf takes lot of time? With a oldest version, 3.X, it's
was not the case, ???
Perhaps I miss somethings.

More over when I try to start some feature on fly, the broker feature with
activeMq stop, and restart ??? and sometimes, Karaf is blocked???

Any answers about these question will be appreciate

Re: Features ans start up questions

it's probably because resource of the features are not present in the
system folder. So Karaf downloads bundles when installing features.

Having features in featuresBoot means that the features are installed
when Karaf starts, but your Karaf system repository has to contain
features resources.

xav

Re: Features ans start up questions

xav
Hi JB,

Thanks for your answer, but all bundles are in the system folder.
I used karaf-maven-plugin to build my assembly, I checked my bundles are
inside the system, for now all are in SNAPSHOT, perhaps it's a issue?
More over why karaf do "Stopping bundles: ................." before to start
my features?, in karaf 3.X, it's wasn't the case.
I am lost, with the karaf 4.2.x function?

Thx

Re: Features ans start up questions

jbonofre
Hi

It seems you have two points. For snapshot, is it only your bundles or also dependencies bundles ?

Regarding the "stop" it's probably due to a refresh, maybe due to optional import ?

If you can share your project, I can take a look.

xav

Re: Features ans start up questions

xav
Cool, JB, I prepare a zip file with a part of my project, I clean some part
to be focus on the issue.

Thx a lot by advance.