Hiding standard features

Koprowski, Mariusz

Hi All is ther any way to group or hide standard features ?
E.g. I have a activemq features and I would like to group them all in to MyActiveMQ feature... how this can be done ? And can it be done ?

Should I create new feature that will be a copy of ActiveMQ features with hidden set to true and MyActiveMQ that will combine that features ??

Best regards
Mariusz Koprowski

Re: Hiding standard features

Steinar Bang

> Hi All is ther any way to group or hide standard features ?

Why do you need to hide it?

If you don't install it or require it, it's never loaded.

> E.g. I have a activemq features and I would like to group them all in
> to MyActiveMQ feature... how this can be done ? And can it be done ?

> Should I create new feature that will be a copy of ActiveMQ features
> with hidden set to true and MyActiveMQ that will combine that features
> ??

That's what I would have done.  I would also have given the features
different names than the existing features.

It might be that loading a feature repository with new version of
existing features would "overrule" the built-in features (I haven't
tried), but why court a possible conflict...?

Re: Hiding standard features

tweaking the ACL you can limit the actions on some subset of features.