How to analyze karaf bundle level memory and cpu usage

How to analyze karaf bundle level memory and cpu usage

imranrazakhan
This post was updated on .
I want to know whether its possible to check the bundle level memory usage as
my karaf running and more memory is getting consumed and i have to restart
after 14 days.

I found following link but its old and so hesitating to try it.

https://icodebythesea.blogspot.com/2014/11/ktop-update-and-opendaylight-mdsal.html

Re: How to analyze karaf bundle level memory and cpu usage

why not taking a heapdump (you can use the dump-create command for that) ?

You can then use jhat ou jvisualvm to analyze the memory consumption.
You can find the bundle using the thread and the package.

On 22/06/2018 12:52, imranrazakhan wrote:

> I want to know whether its possible to check the bundle level memory usage as
> my karaf running and more memory is getting consumed and i have to restart
> after 14 days.
>
> I found following link but its old and so hesitating to try it.
>
> https://icodebythesea.blogspot.com/2014/11/ktop-update-and-opendaylight-mdsal.html

Re: How to analyze karaf bundle level memory and cpu usage

imranrazakhan
Do hawtio have any options? I installed but couldn't get any

Re: How to analyze karaf bundle level memory and cpu usage

jbonofre
I don't use hawtio.

I'm using directly Karaf ;)

On 22/06/2018 13:18, imranrazakhan wrote:
> Do hawtio have any options? I installed but couldn't get any

Re: How to analyze karaf bundle level memory and cpu usage

Achim Nierbeck
If you can't get the numbers via JMX, I'm pretty sure there will be no further possible way.
Afaik it's really hard to determine the amount of memory spent on a certain bundle.

regards, Achim

I don't use hawtio.

I'm using directly Karaf ;)

On 22/06/2018 13:18, imranrazakhan wrote:
> Do hawtio have any options? I installed but couldn't get any

Apache Member
OPS4J Pax Web <http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/> Committer & Project Lead
blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>