Intellij and Karaf Archetypes

Paul Fraser
Hi,

I have had the latest IntelliJ working with karaf and the Karaf archetypes were available when
adding new modules and each archetype had drop down list of avaliable versions.

Somehow, I have lost these entries in the archetype list and need to have them back.

I cannot find a karaf archetype catalog.xml file.

What do I need to do to have these archetype list entries back?

Paul Fraser

Re: Intellij and Karaf Archetypes

Matthias
Hi Paul,

Just follow the documentation of https://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/#_archetypes and use the latest version 4.2.5. In the Karaf-doc this command fills the catalog.xml again.

Ps: maybe a look at  the second example in https://nightofprompt.home.blog/2019/05/23/karaf-part1/ helps.

Regards,
Matthias

Am 30.05.2019 um 06:24 schrieb Paul Fraser <[hidden email]>:

Hi,

I have had the latest IntelliJ working with karaf and the Karaf archetypes were available when adding new modules and each archetype had drop down list of avaliable versions.

Somehow, I have lost these entries in the archetype list and need to have them back.

I cannot find a karaf archetype catalog.xml file.

What do I need to do to have these archetype list entries back?

Paul Fraser

Re: Intellij and Karaf Archetypes

Paul Fraser
Hi Matthias,

Thanks for our reply.
Since sending my post to the list I have been able to get the archetypes into the intellij list by adding them to the UserArchetypes.xml file which is to be found in windows in the users directory ".IdeaIC2019.1\system\Maven\Indices" in my intellij installation.

I had no idea that using the command line archetype technique would put the archetypes in the intellij list. I will check this out later.

Paul

On 30/05/2019 6:20 pm, Matthias Wegner wrote:
[...]

The archetype-catalog.xml is normally in the maven repo $HOME/.m2 directory. The command sets them to maven, not IntelliJ, because every development environment uses its own logic. I use normally eclipse and eclipse uses directly maven-sources and makes no own catalog. So don’t expect to use the doc and get IntelliJ-entries. You get maven entries and IntelliJ should be able to detect them ... so your topic is mir an IntelliJ-question than a Karaf or maven question.

But glad if you find your way ...

Matthias