Jetty 0sgi Start -RFC66

Charles Moulliard
Administrator
Hi,

I don t known if we use Jetty OSGI Start
(http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Feature/Jetty_OSGi) to launch Jetty for
our webconsole but if this is not the case, this should be interesting.
This could provide us more flexibility to define jetty properties
compare to the existing situation where we have to create a fragment
bundle, can simplify the deployment of J2EE projects, centralized
logging, web application deployed as a OSGI service.

Regards,

Charles M.
Email: [hidden email]
Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: Jetty 0sgi Start -RFC66

Guillaume Nodet
We're currently using Pax-Web and Achim and I have been working on upgrading
it to Jetty 7.
The current pax-web trunk is able to load the jetty configuration from an
external jetty config file that we can put in etc/jetty.xml for example
(kinda like the activemq xml file servicemix is using).  Is that what you
were interested in?

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 09:09, Charles Moulliard <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don t known if we use Jetty OSGI Start (
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Feature/Jetty_OSGi) to launch Jetty for our
> webconsole but if this is not the case, this should be interesting. This
> could provide us more flexibility to define jetty properties compare to the
> existing situation where we have to create a fragment bundle, can simplify
> the deployment of J2EE projects, centralized logging, web application
> deployed as a OSGI service.
>
> Regards,
>
> Charles M.

Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
------------------------
Open Source SOA
http://fusesource.com

Re: Jetty 0sgi Start -RFC66

Charles Moulliard
Administrator
yes. This is what I was looking for --> having /etc/jetty.xml file.

Having also these properties in the MANIFEST file should be great :

Jetty-WarFolderPath: /path/to/a/webapp

Jetty-ContextFilePath: /path/to/a/context/file.xml

Great news

On 22/10/10 09:25, Guillaume Nodet wrote:

> We're currently using Pax-Web and Achim and I have been working on upgrading
> it to Jetty 7.
> The current pax-web trunk is able to load the jetty configuration from an
> external jetty config file that we can put in etc/jetty.xml for example
> (kinda like the activemq xml file servicemix is using).  Is that what you
> were interested in?
>
> On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 09:09, Charles Moulliard<[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I don t known if we use Jetty OSGI Start (
>> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Feature/Jetty_OSGi) to launch Jetty for our
>> webconsole but if this is not the case, this should be interesting. This
>> could provide us more flexibility to define jetty properties compare to the
>> existing situation where we have to create a fragment bundle, can simplify
>> the deployment of J2EE projects, centralized logging, web application
>> deployed as a OSGI service.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Charles M.

Email: [hidden email]
Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

AW: Jetty 0sgi Start -RFC66

Achim Nierbeck-2
Hi,

can you file a issue at PAX-web with a more detailed description of what you need.
I could go ahead and take a look at it :)

Cheers, Achim

yes. This is what I was looking for --> having /etc/jetty.xml file.

Having also these properties in the MANIFEST file should be great :

Jetty-WarFolderPath: /path/to/a/webapp

Jetty-ContextFilePath: /path/to/a/context/file.xml

Great news

On 22/10/10 09:25, Guillaume Nodet wrote:

> We're currently using Pax-Web and Achim and I have been working on upgrading
> it to Jetty 7.
> The current pax-web trunk is able to load the jetty configuration from an
> external jetty config file that we can put in etc/jetty.xml for example
> (kinda like the activemq xml file servicemix is using).  Is that what you
> were interested in?
>
> On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 09:09, Charles Moulliard<[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I don t known if we use Jetty OSGI Start (
>> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Feature/Jetty_OSGi) to launch Jetty for our
>> webconsole but if this is not the case, this should be interesting. This
>> could provide us more flexibility to define jetty properties compare to the
>> existing situation where we have to create a fragment bundle, can simplify
>> the deployment of J2EE projects, centralized logging, web application
>> deployed as a OSGI service.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Charles M.

RE: Jetty 0sgi Start -RFC66

Łukasz Dywicki
Hi Charles,
Pax web extenders supports ' Webapp-Context' manifest entry - you can use it
in your WARs.

Regards,
Lukasz