Quantcast

Karaf Cave, KFR support and continuous delivery support

Karaf Cave, KFR support and continuous delivery support

ivoleitao
Hi,

I'm trying karaf cave and I have successfully uploaded bundles to a repository however I'm not getting how I can use cave as a KFR (Karaf feature repository) server (as advertised in the release notes). I've tried to upload feature files but it seems that the repository only stores bundles.

My initial plan was to upload to the cave at deployment time and later update the feature.
My main objective is to devise a strategy for continuous delivery and Cave seemed a good alternative. Any other alternatives with the 4.0 line of versions

Best Regards,
Ivo Leitão

Re: Karaf Cave, KFR support and continuous delivery support

ivoleitao
Hi,

I ended up creating a kar file per grouping of bundles (in my case a number of bundles constitutes a microservice) and deploying it via scp with a maven plugin. It works but I remain a little curious about the role of cave and how can I take advantage of it. Initially I thought that I can use it as a maven release repository target which seemed like a good ideia to create a continuous integration flow. Some maven profiles and it could have been a very nice solution. This didn't work however and I later noticed that Cave is first an OBR repository and from my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) a read-only maven repository (i.e. I cannot deploy to it as a normal maven repository).

Also as mentioned above I'm still looking for the ideal solution to handle continuous deployment. What I have now (scp of kar files) seems nice however I would like a second opinion on it

Any toughs about this ?

Thnks in advance,
Ivo Leitão