Karaf-Cave as staging repo

Julian Feinauer

Hi friends,

as I had a spontaneous enlightment (aka read the docu) I finally understood what cave is and does.

So my short question is about release candidate staging.

Am I right with the assumption that, If I want to stage an RC in a maven repo I can use Karaf and use the Karaf SSH shell to create a repo which I then use to deploy my artefact and sent it over to the colleagues for validation. And after the RC is accepted / dismissed I can just thrash the Repo and create a new one.

Is this right? Thanks already!

Julian

Re: Karaf-Cave as staging repo

It's not possible on the current Cave `master`.

However, I'm doing a complete refactoring:

https://github.com/jbonofre/karaf-cave/tree/REFACTORING

where you will have scheduled repository, temporary repository, docker
registry, etc.

I already add mirror/proxy mode and set the OSGi Repository (formerly
OBR) as optional (the repository.xml is created on demand, located on
the Maven repos).

So Cave contains three distinct features:

1. A repositories manager (cave-repository feature)
2. A features gateway (cave-features-gateway feature)
3. A deployer controller (cave-deployer feature)

On 09/10/2019 10:55, Julian Feinauer wrote:

> Hi friends,
>

> as I had a spontaneous enlightment (aka read the docu) I finally
> understood what cave is and does.
>
> So my short question is about release candidate staging.
>
> Am I right with the assumption that, If I want to stage an RC in a maven
> repo I can use Karaf and use the Karaf SSH shell to create a repo which
> I then use to deploy my artefact and sent it over to the colleagues for
> validation. And after the RC is accepted / dismissed I can just thrash
> the Repo and create a new one.
>

> Is this right? Thanks already!
>
> Julian

Re: Karaf-Cave as staging repo

jbonofre
By the way, in a second step, I'm planning some improvements on the
storage (to be able to use S3, etc) and meta persistence (pluggable,
first implementation probably using etcd).