Karaf Cave obr:add-url

Massimo Bono
Hi all,

I've successfully setup in a local Docker container an instance of karaf cave with an OBR repository and I have populate it with some bundles.

Now I would like to use "obr" feature to deploy such bundles on another client karaf instance.
However, I'm unsure about what URL I need to put in the command "obr:add-url":

- do I need to open a particular port in order for OBR to work (e.g. port 80)?
- should is use protocol HTTP? If so, does karaf support the url notation "http:/domain-name:<custom_port>/resource"?
- where should I put this url? directly in obr:add-url? Inside a configuration file? I think it would be better inside a configuration file, but I'm unsure about which one.

Sorry for the newbie question and thank for any kind reply.

Ing. Massimo Bono

Re: Karaf Cave obr:add-url

Massimo Bono
Hi all,

Do you any update regarding this question?

Thanks

Ing. Massimo Bono

Re: Karaf Cave obr:add-url

Hi Massimo

It seems my previous e-mail didn't reach the mailing list.

Here's my answer:

The first question is: do you really need OBR ? Is feature with mvn url
not convenient for you (or even resources repositories) ?

Back to your question, if you install the cave generic feature it
installs http support. So if you create a cave repository and you
populate (or proxy) then you can access on
http://..../cave/repositories/good

It's where you will have the repository.xml with the metadata.

Le 9 sept. 2019 14:07, Massimo Bono <[hidden email]> a écrit :

[...]

Attached Message Part (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Karaf Cave obr:add-url

Massimo Bono
Hi Jean-Baptiste,

Thanks for the reply.

The first question is: do you really need OBR ? Is feature with mvn url
not convenient for you (or even resources repositories) ?

I know there are other provisioning solutions (i.e., features) but at the moment I want to experiment with OBR a bit. I've chosen Cave since it felt a natural choice.

Back to your question, if you install the cave generic feature it
installs http support. So if you create a cave repository and you
populate (or proxy) then you can access on
http://..../cave/repositories/good

This solve my first and part of the second question. However it still uncertain to me if adding a custom port is still valid. For example, can I use the following HTTP url?

Do I need to change some Apache Cave default configurations? (192.168.0.42 is the IP of the server apache cave is located. 9000 is just a custom port)

I also have another question:
Where should I put the OBR Http URL on the Karaf client in order for "obr:deploy" to automatically connect to apache cave? Inside a configuration file? If so, which one?

Thanks for the attention

Ing. Massimo Bono

Re: Karaf Cave obr:add-url

jbonofre
Hi Massimo,

Cave is using the Karaf HTTP service. So, if you want to change the port
number, you can change directly in etc/org.ops4j.pax.web.cfg.