Karaf Deployment

smunro

I'm looking for some advice regarding packaging a Karaf installation.

Basically, I want my CI server to run a job that will package up karaf along with config files and bundles into an archive and I can use that will an installer.

I believe this is partially possible using KAR to group the individual bundles, but I'm not so sure about automating the packaging of karaf itself. I read a comment regarding a deployment ask that was going to be added to a future version of karaf, but I'm not sure if that's available yet. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,
Stephen

Re: Karaf Deployment

smunro
I managed to successfully get the KAR file setup along with deploying it. The only thing I seem to be missing is the ability to package up a karaf install folder. From reading the docs, I got the impression the maven tool could automatically package karaf itself along with everything.

I can get around that by downloading karaf, extracting it and copying the KAR file.