Karaf & Jetty?

nino martinez wael
Hi

We are having problems with a stalling web bundle. And it looks like either there are too many clients or the clients are behaving badly.

Normally when the problem happens I would go grab some information from the webcontainer, I am unsure howto do so with the bundled jetty.. The only page that shows some information in karaf are the http page, which only shows information about what bundles are registered..

Am I just missing a bundle to install that will give me more information about current http connections etc?

Best regards / Med venlig hilsen
Nino Martinez

Re: Karaf & Jetty?

jbonofre
Hi Nino,

did you check using JMX (with jconsole for example) ?

On 08/29/2017 10:06 AM, nino martinez wael wrote:

> Hi
>
> We are having problems with a stalling web bundle. And it looks like either
> there are too many clients or the clients are behaving badly.
>
> Normally when the problem happens I would go grab some information from the
> webcontainer, I am unsure howto do so with the bundled jetty.. The only page
> that shows some information in karaf are the http page, which only shows
> information about what bundles are registered..
>
> Am I just missing a bundle to install that will give me more information about
> current http connections etc?
>
> --
> Best regards / Med venlig hilsen
> Nino Martinez

Re: Karaf & Jetty?

nino martinez wael
Im trying :)

Are there any changes needed to be done to be able to connect to a vanilla karaf, I've tried

service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/karaf-root

But, visual vm says :

cannot connect to service

Ahh figured it out.. Had to specify user and password.. Am connected now..

Next step are to see if there are any usefull information.

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 10:25 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Nino,

did you check using JMX (with jconsole for example) ?

On 08/29/2017 10:06 AM, nino martinez wael wrote:
Hi

We are having problems with a stalling web bundle. And it looks like either there are too many clients or the clients are behaving badly.

Normally when the problem happens I would go grab some information from the webcontainer, I am unsure howto do so with the bundled jetty.. The only page that shows some information in karaf are the http page, which only shows information about what bundles are registered..

Am I just missing a bundle to install that will give me more information about current http connections etc?

--
Best regards / Med venlig hilsen
Nino Martinez

Best regards / Med venlig hilsen
Nino Martinez

Re: Karaf & Jetty?

nino martinez wael
I cant really find something usefull.. Can it be that I need to add this:

and im guessing that requires a restart of jetty after I have configured the jetty.xml?

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 11:00 AM, nino martinez wael <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Nino Martinez

Re: Karaf & Jetty?

nino martinez wael
Hmm it does not seem to be a trivial task to add the statistics hander to either 8181 or https.. Since they seem to be configured from somewhere else..

I will continue to digg.. But it's a little annoying that it's so hard getting connection statistics :(

regards Nino

Nino Martinez

Best regards / Med venlig hilsen
Nino Martinez

Re: Karaf & Jetty?

nino martinez wael
I tried adding this, to jetty.xml

<Get id="oldhandler" name="handler" />
<Set name="handler">
  <New id="StatsHandler" class="org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.StatisticsHandler">
    <Set name="handler"><Ref refid="oldhandler" /></Set>
  </New>
</Set>

but that just breaks everything, webconsole or my applications does not startup.. I do get the nice view of stats in jmx..

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 1:17 PM, nino martinez wael <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Nino Martinez

Re: Karaf & Jetty?

Ranx
Have you tried installing Hawtio to see if gives you any useful information? Since you seem to be having a lot of problems I've found that can give a bit better insight than struggling with some of the other tools.

http://hawt.io/

Re: Karaf & Jetty?

nino martinez wael
solution where this:

<Get name="handler">
    <Call name="addHandler">
      <Arg>
    <New class="org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.StatisticsHandler">
        </New>
      </Arg>
    </Call>
</Get>