Quantcast

Karaf and Jenkins

thamps
I am looking for tips to getting the kar files deployed via a Jenkins Build system. I am quite new to karaf and trying to figure the most decent and right way to deploy this. I kinda prefer to not have a dependency on maven repos during a deployment when it is very much available in this case.

With kar files, I would deploy it to a remote repository but then how to deploy to different environments - scp / http / file or something else?

What would be the best way to deploy this into the osgi container? Deploy would include updating the older version with new available version. restarting service for all property changes. Any scripts that would suite this type of deployment?

I have a few ideas, but I am looking at some easy ways that I could have probably missed or not known.

Cheers!