Karaf and Libjitsi

Paul Fraser
Hi,

As video conferencing is the flavour of the month at the moment I have attempted to create a feature
based on Libjitsi https://github.com/jitsi/libjitsi

Cloning and building with maven only takes a few minutes and builds without problems.

But when I try to create a feature based on the AVTransmit2 and AVReceive2 I get into trouble with
the dependencies required to be included in the feature.

Some of the depencies, which are quite cleary available in my maven .m2 , fail to be found when
running the maven build for the feature.

During this current "lockup/in" someone with a better understanding (than me) of maven and karaf
feature requirements might like to spend an hour or so checking if it is possible to get Libjitsi
running in Karaf.

Regards

Paul Fraser

Re: Karaf and Libjitsi

jbonofre
Hi Paul,

I guess you are talking about dependencies like ch.imvs.sdes4j.srtp right ?

I think the easiest way is both a small wrapping (to embed such dependencies as private) and a features XML.

I can do that easily if it’s helpful for you.

Le 13 avr. 2020 à 07:36, Paul Fraser <[hidden email]> a écrit :

[...]

That would be MORE than most helpfull, I have been trying to make some headway for a week.

This is my early struggle code https://github.com/QNENet/qneav

Paul

On 13/04/2020 3:54 pm, Jean-Baptiste Onofre wrote:
[...]

The dependencies causing concern are as listed in the attached feature.xml

Can you give me a clue as to what you have in mind or how to create "a small wrapping (to embed such dependencies as private"?

Regards

Paul Fraser

feature.xml (1K) Download Attachment

<feature.xml>

Re: Karaf and Libjitsi

Hi Paul,

I pushed a PR just to fix the dependencies in the feature.xml. I have it works on a fresh Apache Karaf 4.3.0-RC1.
You need to add some export package from the JRE in the etc/jre.properties.
I added some quotes in the README.md.

https://github.com/QNENet/qneav/pull/1

I agree with JB for the usage of private dependencies, I will push another PR with this design.

regards,
François
[hidden email]
Le 16/04/2020 à 08:12, Paul Fraser a écrit :

Hi JB,

On 13/04/2020 3:54 pm, Jean-Baptiste Onofre wrote:
I guess you are talking about dependencies like ch.imvs.sdes4j.srtp right ?

I think the easiest way is both a small wrapping (to embed such dependencies as private) and a features XML.

I can do that easily if it’s helpful for you.

The dependencies causing concern are as listed in the attached feature.xml

Can you give me a clue as to what you have in mind or how to create "a small wrapping (to embed such dependencies as private"?

Regards

Paul Fraser
François Papon
fpapon@apache.org
Yupiik - https://www.yupiik.com

Re: Karaf and Libjitsi

Paul Fraser
Hi Francois,

Many thanks for doing this and to JB who probably asked you to do it :-) .

Hopefully this will assist others wanting to play with conferencing and other AV apps.

Regards

Paul Fraser

On 1/05/2020 7:37 am, Francois Papon wrote:
[...]

Yeah, team work as always ;)

I will be back on this topic soon (time is flying ;) ).

Le 1 mai 2020 à 00:35, Paul Fraser <[hidden email]> a écrit :

[...]

fpapon

Yes,

This is how community works ;)

regards,