Karaf assembly fails

Martin Nielsen
Hi everyone.

I have run into a problem upgrading a Karaf assembly build to 4.2.0.

When i run the assembly i run into this error:

Failed to execute goal org.apache.karaf.tooling:karaf-maven-plugin:4.2.0:assembly (default-assembly) on project wallboard-karaf: Unable to build assembly: Could not find matching feature for aries-annotation/0.0.0

I don't use the aries-annotation myself, but i have tracked it down to org.ops4j.pax.wicket/features/5.0.0-RC1/xml/features which i can't easily change.

Does anyone know what feature repository that aries-annotation is located in?

Thanks for your help
-Martin

Re: Karaf assembly fails

jbonofre
Hi Martin,

I checked the Pax Wicket features: it defines aries-annotations feature
(and others like aries-blueprint) without defining the repository which
provide it (using <repository/>). It means that it's not a "closed"
features repository.

So, you have to add the features repository that provides
aries-annotations in your pom.xml.

The problem is that aries-annotation feature doesn't exist anymore in
the Karaf standard feature.

So, either:

1. Pax Wicket features repository should be fixed to remove the
aries-annotations feature
2. As a workaround you can create a "fake" aries-annotations feature.