Karaf backup and restore

Taro Fukunaga
Hi,

I'm not sure if Karaf can address the issue of backup/restore. Here's the scenario. The user has installed Karaf using my custom installer. I come out with a new version of my installer. In my backup script I backup /etc and /data (presumably, these are data which must be backed up, all others are not critical). During restore, I can restore all these files. What if the user has modified /etc/com.foo.bar.cfg but the installer has a newer version with additional or modified properties? Is there some way to merge the two configuration files? If not, then I guess then the user has to merge them manually?