Karaf community Meetup?

on Slack we had a conversation last year, about the general interest of having a get-together regarding this karaf community. As quite some people are kind of close (or at least close enough) to travel with a train to Karlsruhe, I made the offering of hosting such an event in our company venue.
To get a bit more traction on this topic I would like to invite everybody who's interested in the following doodle so I have a better understanding about the size of the event. And which would be the best day for most of the people :)

Regarding if it's a full day event or an half day and so fourth we can discuss after we found out which date and how many people would be willing to participate as "Speaker"

https://doodle.com/poll/cnszma2qrdcx524g

oh and a happy new year to everybody ;)

regards, Achim

--

Apache Member
OPS4J Pax Web <http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/> Committer & Project Lead

Re: Karaf community Meetup?

Hi Achim,

thanks for leading this up !

As said, I will be there wherever it will be, whenever it will be ;)

On 10/01/2020 10:06, Achim Nierbeck wrote:

> Hi,
>
> on Slack we had a conversation last year, about the general interest of
> having a get-together regarding this karaf community. As quite some
> people are kind of close (or at least close enough) to travel with a
> train to Karlsruhe, I made the offering of hosting such an event in our
> company venue.
> To get a bit more traction on this topic I would like to invite
> everybody who's interested in the following doodle so I have a better
> understanding about the size of the event. And which would be the best
> day for most of the people :)
>
> Regarding if it's a full day event or an half day and so fourth we can
> discuss after we found out which date and how many people would be
> willing to participate as "Speaker"
>
> https://doodle.com/poll/cnszma2qrdcx524g
>
> oh and a happy new year to everybody ;)
>
> regards, Achim
>
> --
>
> Apache Member
> OPS4J Pax Web <http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/> Committer
> & Project Lead
> blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

Re: Karaf community Meetup?

fpapon
Thanks very much Achim!

regards,

François
[hidden email]

Le 10/01/2020 à 13:54, Jean-Baptiste Onofré a écrit :

> Hi Achim,
>
> thanks for leading this up !
>
> As said, I will be there wherever it will be, whenever it will be ;)

> On 10/01/2020 10:06, Achim Nierbeck wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> on Slack we had a conversation last year, about the general interest of
>> having a get-together regarding this karaf community. As quite some
>> people are kind of close (or at least close enough) to travel with a
>> train to Karlsruhe, I made the offering of hosting such an event in our
>> company venue.
>> To get a bit more traction on this topic I would like to invite
>> everybody who's interested in the following doodle so I have a better
>> understanding about the size of the event. And which would be the best
>> day for most of the people :)
>>
>> Regarding if it's a full day event or an half day and so fourth we can
>> discuss after we found out which date and how many people would be
>> willing to participate as "Speaker"
>>
>> https://doodle.com/poll/cnszma2qrdcx524g
>>
>> oh and a happy new year to everybody ;)
>>
>> regards, Achim
>>
>> --
>>
>> Apache Member
>> OPS4J Pax Web <http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/> Committer
>> & Project Lead
>> blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>
>> Co-Author of Apache Karaf Cookbook <http://bit.ly/1ps9rkS>

François Papon
fpapon@apache.org
Yupiik - https://www.yupiik.com

Re: Karaf community Meetup?

looks like we have two favorite days.
https://doodle.com/poll/cnszma2qrdcx524g
March 12th or 19th.

Right now I'm in favor of the 19th ... gives me a bit more time organizing.
I'll follow up with another mail regarding, who might want to give a talk, depending on the amount of talks we'll see how long ;)

best regards, Achim

Am Fr., 10. Jan. 2020 um 15:58 Uhr schrieb Francois Papon <[hidden email]>:
Thanks very much Achim!

regards,

François
[hidden email]

Le 10/01/2020 à 13:54, Jean-Baptiste Onofré a écrit :
> Hi Achim,
>
> thanks for leading this up !
>
> As said, I will be there wherever it will be, whenever it will be ;)

> On 10/01/2020 10:06, Achim Nierbeck wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> on Slack we had a conversation last year, about the general interest of
>> having a get-together regarding this karaf community. As quite some
>> people are kind of close (or at least close enough) to travel with a
>> train to Karlsruhe, I made the offering of hosting such an event in our
>> company venue.
>> To get a bit more traction on this topic I would like to invite
>> everybody who's interested in the following doodle so I have a better
>> understanding about the size of the event. And which would be the best
>> day for most of the people :)
>>
>> Regarding if it's a full day event or an half day and so fourth we can
>> discuss after we found out which date and how many people would be
>> willing to participate as "Speaker"
>>
>> https://doodle.com/poll/cnszma2qrdcx524g
>>
>> oh and a happy new year to everybody ;)
>>
>> regards, Achim
>>
>> --
>>
>> Apache Member
>> OPS4J Pax Web <http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/> Committer
>> & Project Lead
>> blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>
>> Co-Author of Apache Karaf Cookbook <http://bit.ly/1ps9rkS>

--

Apache Member
OPS4J Pax Web <http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/> Committer & Project Lead
blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

Re: Karaf community Meetup?

dschulten

I was able to add myself to the Doodle - does that mean I can attend just
like that? Or should I register somewhere?

Best,
Dietrich

Re: Karaf community Meetup?

jbonofre
Hi Dietrich,

Thanks to have updated the Doodle !

We are in touch with Achim about finalizing the organization.
We will inform you on the mailing list about the registration process
and the schedule (with the exact dates obviously ;) ).

I hope we will communicate that next week.

On 31/01/2020 10:12, dschulten wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was able to add myself to the Doodle - does that mean I can attend just
> like that? Or should I register somewhere?
>
> Best,
> Dietrich

Re: Karaf community Meetup?

cooshal
Hi:

Has there been any updates on the community meetup?

I am eager to attend it.

Thanks,
Cooshal.

Re: Karaf community Meetup?

Erwin Hogeweg
See mailing list. Achim sent an update earlier today.

Erwin

> El feb. 19, 2020, a la(s) 07:38, cooshal <[hidden email]> escribió:
>
> Hi:
>
> Has there been any updates on the community meetup?
>
> I am eager to attend it.
>
> Thanks,
> Cooshal.

Re: Karaf community Meetup?

cooshal
Hi:

My bad. Thanks for the pointer.

Regards,
Kushal.

Re: Karaf community Meetup?

Achim Nierbeck
NP ...
mgmt summary.
We moved to the 30th of April and will start at 4 p.m. CET ;)
If you want to provide a talk, feel free to contact us here or via DM.

regards, Achim