Karaf http proxy feature failed if destination is only reach over central Proxy like Squid

Karaf http proxy feature failed if destination is only reach over central Proxy like Squid

stefang
Hi,

actually we failed to use the proxy feature (
http://blog.nanthrax.net/?p=830 ) if real host is only reachable via Proxy
(like squid, ...) based on this example.

karaf@root()> http:proxy-add /kibana http://remote_host:5601

Is there anything we missed ?

Regards

Stefan

Re: Karaf http proxy feature failed if destination is only reach over central Proxy like Squid

jbonofre
Hi Stefan,

It works fine directly on kibana for instance but not if you have a proxy forward in front of kibana (for instance squid, …) ?

Did you configure the http proxy at JVM level (-Dhttp.proxy…) ?

stefang

Re: Karaf http proxy feature failed if destination is only reach over central Proxy like Squid

stefang

we tried to configure proxy at JVM Level but without any luck.

Regards

Stefan

jbonofre wrote

> Hi Stefan,
>
> It works fine directly on kibana for instance but not if you have a proxy
> forward in front of kibana (for instance squid, …) ?
>
> Did you configure the http proxy at JVM level (-Dhttp.proxy…) ?

>> Le 1 avr. 2020 à 17:54, stefang &lt;

> stefan.guenst@

> &gt; a écrit :
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> actually we failed to use the proxy feature (
>> http://blog.nanthrax.net/?p=830 ) if real host is only reachable via
>> Proxy
>> (like squid, ...) based on this example.
>>
>> karaf@root()> http:proxy-add /kibana http://remote_host:5601
>>
>> Is there anything we missed ?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Stefan
>>

>> --
>> Sent from: http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-User-f930749.html

Sent from: http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-User-f930749.html

Re: Karaf http proxy feature failed if destination is only reach over central Proxy like Squid

stefang
yes without proxy frontend it works.

Regards
Stefan

jbonofre wrote
> And you confirm it works fine "without" proxy frontend ?

>> Le 1 avr. 2020 à 18:23, stefang &lt;

> stefan.guenst@

> &gt; a écrit :
>>
>> Hi JB,
>>
>> we tried to configure proxy at JVM Level but without any luck.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Stefan
>>

>> jbonofre wrote
>>> Hi Stefan,
>>>
>>> It works fine directly on kibana for instance but not if you have a
>>> proxy
>>> forward in front of kibana (for instance squid, …) ?
>>>
>>> Did you configure the http proxy at JVM level (-Dhttp.proxy…) ?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> JB

>>> stefan.guenst@

>> --
>> Sent from: http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-User-f930749.html
>> &lt;http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-User-f930749.html&gt;

Re: Karaf http proxy feature failed if destination is only reach over central Proxy like Squid

stefang
Hi JB,

we found that AUTH to Squid seems to be the problem.

-Dhttp.proxyHost and -Dhttp.proxyPort works but -Dhttp.proxyUser and
-Dhttp.proxyPassword for AUTH to Proxy not.

Regards

Stefan

stefang wrote

> yes without proxy frontend it works.
>
> Regards
> Stefan
>

> jbonofre wrote
>> And you confirm it works fine "without" proxy frontend ?

>>> Le 1 avr. 2020 à 18:23, stefang &lt;
>
>> stefan.guenst@
>
>> &gt; a écrit :
>>>
>>> Hi JB,
>>>
>>> we tried to configure proxy at JVM Level but without any luck.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Stefan
>>>

>>> jbonofre wrote

>>> --
>>> Sent from: http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-User-f930749.html
>>> &lt;http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-User-f930749.html&gt;

Re: Karaf http proxy feature failed if destination is only reach over central Proxy like Squid

jbonofre
Thanks for the update. Let me check if I intercept the auth in the proxy see let.

Le jeu. 2 avr. 2020 ? 11:05, stefang <[hidden email]> a ?crit :
Hi JB,

we found that AUTH to Squid seems to be the problem.

-Dhttp.proxyHost and -Dhttp.proxyPort works but -Dhttp.proxyUser and
-Dhttp.proxyPassword for AUTH to Proxy not.

Regards

Stefan

stefang wrote

> yes without proxy frontend it works.
>
> Regards
> Stefan
>

> jbonofre wrote
>> And you confirm it works fine "without" proxy frontend ?

>>> Le 1 avr. 2020 ? 18:23, stefang &lt;
>
>> stefan.guenst@
>
>> &gt; a ?crit :
>>>
>>> Hi JB,
>>>
>>> we tried to configure proxy at JVM Level but without any luck.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Stefan
>>>

>>> jbonofre wrote

>>> --
>>> Sent from: http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-User-f930749.html
>>> &lt;http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-User-f930749.html&gt;

Re: Karaf http proxy feature failed if destination is only reach over central Proxy like Squid

stefang
Hi JB,

is it possible to use proxy feature in static distribution?

Regards

Stefan

jbonofre wrote
> [...]

> &gt;&gt;&gt; Stefan
> &gt;&gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;&gt; jbonofre wrote
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Hi Stefan,
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; It works fine directly on kibana for instance but not if
> you have a
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; proxy
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; forward in front of kibana (for instance squid, ?) ?
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Did you configure the http proxy at JVM level
> (-Dhttp.proxy?) ?
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Regards
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; JB
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Le 1 avr. 2020 ? 17:54, stefang &amp;lt;
> &gt;&gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; stefan.guenst@
> &gt;&gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &amp;gt; a ?crit :
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Hi,
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; actually we failed to use the proxy feature (
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; http://blog.nanthrax.net/?p=830 ) if real host is
> only reachable via
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Proxy
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; (like squid, ...) based on this example.
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; karaf@root()&gt; http:proxy-add /kibana
> http://remote_host:5601
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Is there anything we missed ?
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Regards
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Stefan
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; --
> &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Sent from:
> http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-User-f930749.html
> &gt;&gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;&gt;
> &gt;&gt;&gt; --
> &gt;&gt;&gt; Sent from:
> http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-User-f930749.html
> &gt;&gt;&gt;
> &amp;lt;http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-User-f930749.html&amp;gt;
> &gt;
> &gt;
> &gt;
> &gt;
> &gt;
> &gt; --
> &gt; Sent from: http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-User-f930749.html

Re: Karaf http proxy feature failed if destination is only reach over central Proxy like Squid

we found that in static distribution config from etc will not be picked up
for http proxies.
So this is feature is not usable in static or did we miss something?

Regards
Stefan

stefang wrote

> [...]
>> &gt;&gt;&gt;
>> &gt;&gt;&gt;
>> &gt;&gt;&gt;
>> &gt;&gt;&gt; --
>> &gt;&gt;&gt; Sent from:
>> http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-User-f930749.html
>> &gt;&gt;&gt;
>> &amp;lt;http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-User-f930749.html&amp;gt;
>> &gt;
>> &gt;
>> &gt;
>> &gt;
>> &gt;
>> &gt; --
>> &gt; Sent from: http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-User-f930749.html
>>

>> --
>> Sent from: http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-User-f930749.html

Re: Karaf http proxy feature failed if destination is only reach over central Proxy like Squid

I don?t see any reason why it would not work, but never try.

Do you have a specific error ?

I will try myself.

Le jeu. 23 avr. 2020 ? 18:13, stefang <[hidden email]> a ?crit :
> [...]

>> &gt;&gt;&gt;
>> &gt;&gt;&gt;
>> &gt;&gt;&gt;
>> &gt;&gt;&gt; --
>> &gt;&gt;&gt; Sent from:
>> http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-User-f930749.html
>> &gt;&gt;&gt;
>> &amp;lt;http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-User-f930749.html&amp;gt;
>> &gt;
>> &gt;
>> &gt;
>> &gt;
>> &gt;
>> &gt; --
>> &gt; Sent from: http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-User-f930749.html
>>

>> --
>> Sent from: http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-User-f930749.html

Re: Karaf http proxy feature failed if destination is only reach over central Proxy like Squid

we created a new config file in etc (org.apache.karaf.http.cfg) with the
following content

proxies = [ \
  "/webconsole http://localhost:8181/system/console", \
  ]

nothing happens after start.

This will work but lost after restart

 ./karaf
        __ __                  ____
       / //_/____ __________ _/ __/
      / ,<  / __ `/ ___/ __ `/ /_
     / /| |/ /_/ / /  / /_/ / __/

  Apache Karaf (4.2.6)

Hit '<tab>' for a list of available commands
and '[cmd] --help' for help on a specific command.
Hit '<ctrl-d>' or type 'system:shutdown' or 'logout' to shutdown Karaf.

karaf@root()> http:proxy-add /webconsole
http://localhost:8181/system/console

karaf@root()> http:proxies
URL         │ ProxyTo