Karaf security framework and access to OSGi services

Karaf security framework and access to OSGi services

tomq42
The Karaf user guide section 4.1 says:

 The Apache Karaf security framework is used internally to control the access to:
     the OSGi services (described in the developer guide)

However the developer guide doesn't say anything that I can see about what that means. 5.15 in the Karaf user guide talks about how to set things up, the different login modules etc. It doesn't say anything further that implies that somehow you can apply access control to OSGi services.

Am I just misinterpreting the initial statement?

Thanks.