Multiple Login Modules on a single Jaas Realm

Multiple Login Modules on a single Jaas Realm

iocanel
Hi all,

I noticed that a Karaf's JassRealm implementation could have more than one
Modules.
Is this valid? Can a realm have multiple modules (e.g. a properties login
module and a jdbc login module, or two property login modules)?

--
*Ioannis Canellos*
http://iocanel.blogspot.com

Integration Engineer @ Upstream S.A. <http://www.upstreamsystems.com>
Ioannis Canellos
http://iocanel.blogspot.com

Re: Multiple Login Modules on a single Jaas Realm

jbonofre
Hi Ioannis,

It's an ugly restriction.

Using a required, optional of sufficient, we should be able to chain
login module.

We can raise a Jira task to improve the JaasRealm impl.

On 10/09/2010 01:27 AM, Ioannis Canellos wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I noticed that a Karaf's JassRealm implementation could have more than one
> Modules.
> Is this valid? Can a realm have multiple modules (e.g. a properties login
> module and a jdbc login module, or two property login modules)?

Re: Multiple Login Modules on a single Jaas Realm

Guillaume Nodet
It is possible afaik, that's what Ioannis wasn't sure if it's good or not.
Ioanis, the JAAS spec clearly allows that by flagging a login module as
required, optional or sufficient as JB said.

Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
Open Source SOA
http://fusesource.com

Re: Multiple Login Modules on a single Jaas Realm

iocanel
Thank you both for the clarification.

I now have two questions:
a) Is it working on Karaf?
b) How this affects issue KARAF-188. Provide commands to manage users,
passwords and roles? The user should specify both the realm and the module?