[PROPOSAL] Apache Karaf Cave 5.0.0 version ?

[PROPOSAL] Apache Karaf Cave 5.0.0 version ?

jbonofre
Hi guys,

I worked on a fairly large set of refactorings and improvements in
Apache Karaf Cave:

- usage of managed service for Cave repositories, with a service per
repo and a cfg file per repo
- in addition of the Maven "proxy" support, we now have support of Maven
for each repo
- OBR supports is now optional
- New shell commands and MBean to manipulate the Cave repositories from
a Maven perspective
- and much more

As those new features & improvements imply changes in the Cave
internals, I think it would be wise to bump the version to 5.0.0.

Thoughts ?

Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache Karaf Cave 5.0.0 version ?

+1 for all

I'm agree with the release version to 5.x as an internal transformation of Cave.

I'm ready to participate if you want some help :)

François

Le 17 mars 2018 17:25, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi guys,
>
> I worked on a fairly large set of refactorings and improvements in
> Apache Karaf Cave:
>
> - usage of managed service for Cave repositories, with a service per
> repo and a cfg file per repo
> - in addition of the Maven "proxy" support, we now have support of Maven
> for each repo
> - OBR supports is now optional
> - New shell commands and MBean to manipulate the Cave repositories from
> a Maven perspective
> - and much more
>
> As those new features & improvements imply changes in the Cave
> internals, I think it would be wise to bump the version to 5.0.0.
>
> Thoughts ?
>
> Thanks,
François Papon
fpapon@apache.org