[PROPOSAL] Create karaf-4.2.x branch and move master to 4.3.x supporting R7

[PROPOSAL] Create karaf-4.2.x branch and move master to 4.3.x supporting R7

jbonofre
Hi guys,

based on what Guillaume started already, I moved forward during the week
end on OSGi R7 support in Karaf.

I think I will have something fully ready this week (during ApacheCon ;)).

Once my PR is ready, I propose the following plan:

- create the karaf-4.2.x branch with the current master
- bump version on master to 4.3.0-SNAPSHOT and merge the R7 PR
- "flag" 4.1.x branch as non active

Thoughts ?

By the way, I will be at ApacheCon Montréal from tomorrow up to Thursday
afternoon. If you want to meet, talk about Karaf and related, please let
me know !

Re: [PROPOSAL] Create karaf-4.2.x branch and move master to 4.3.x supporting R7

It sounds good for me :)

Thanks !

Regards,

François Papon
[hidden email]

Le 24/09/2018 à 12:01, Jean-Baptiste Onofré a écrit :

> Hi guys,
>
> based on what Guillaume started already, I moved forward during the week
> end on OSGi R7 support in Karaf.
>
> I think I will have something fully ready this week (during ApacheCon ;)).
>
> Once my PR is ready, I propose the following plan:
>
> - create the karaf-4.2.x branch with the current master
> - bump version on master to 4.3.0-SNAPSHOT and merge the R7 PR
> - "flag" 4.1.x branch as non active
>
> Thoughts ?
>
> By the way, I will be at ApacheCon Montréal from tomorrow up to Thursday
> afternoon. If you want to meet, talk about Karaf and related, please let
> me know !

François Papon
fpapon@apache.org
Yupiik - https://www.yupiik.com

Re: [PROPOSAL] Create karaf-4.2.x branch and move master to 4.3.x supporting R7

Grzegorz Grzybek
Hello

+1!

regards
Grzegorz Grzybek

pon., 24 wrz 2018 o 11:41 Francois Papon <[hidden email]>
napisał(a):

> Hi JB,
>
> It sounds good for me :)
>
> Thanks !
>
> Regards,
>
> François Papon
> [hidden email]
>
> Le 24/09/2018 à 12:01, Jean-Baptiste Onofré a écrit :
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > based on what Guillaume started already, I moved forward during the week
> > end on OSGi R7 support in Karaf.
> >
> > I think I will have something fully ready this week (during ApacheCon
> ;)).
> >
> > Once my PR is ready, I propose the following plan:
> >
> > - create the karaf-4.2.x branch with the current master
> > - bump version on master to 4.3.0-SNAPSHOT and merge the R7 PR
> > - "flag" 4.1.x branch as non active
> >
> > Thoughts ?
> >
> > By the way, I will be at ApacheCon Montréal from tomorrow up to Thursday
> > afternoon. If you want to meet, talk about Karaf and related, please let
> > me know !
> >
> > Regards
> > JB

Re: [PROPOSAL] Create karaf-4.2.x branch and move master to 4.3.x supporting R7

Achim Nierbeck-3
+1

regards, Achim

Am Mo., 24. Sep. 2018 um 12:28 Uhr schrieb Andrea Cosentino
<[hidden email]>:

> +1.
>
> Thanks JB
>

> On Monday, September 24, 2018, 10:01:48 AM GMT+2, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hi guys,
>
> based on what Guillaume started already, I moved forward during the week
> end on OSGi R7 support in Karaf.
>
> I think I will have something fully ready this week (during ApacheCon ;)).
>
> Once my PR is ready, I propose the following plan:
>
> - create the karaf-4.2.x branch with the current master
> - bump version on master to 4.3.0-SNAPSHOT and merge the R7 PR
> - "flag" 4.1.x branch as non active
>
> Thoughts ?
>
> By the way, I will be at ApacheCon Montréal from tomorrow up to Thursday
> afternoon. If you want to meet, talk about Karaf and related, please let
> me know !

Apache Member
Project Lead
blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

Re: [PROPOSAL] Create karaf-4.2.x branch and move master to 4.3.x supporting R7

jgoodyear
+1
On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 11:33 AM Achim Nierbeck
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> regards, Achim
>
> Am Mo., 24. Sep. 2018 um 12:28 Uhr schrieb Andrea Cosentino
> <[hidden email]>:
>
> > +1.
> >
> > Thanks JB
> >

> > On Monday, September 24, 2018, 10:01:48 AM GMT+2, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > Hi guys,
> >
> > based on what Guillaume started already, I moved forward during the week
> > end on OSGi R7 support in Karaf.
> >
> > I think I will have something fully ready this week (during ApacheCon ;)).
> >
> > Once my PR is ready, I propose the following plan:
> >
> > - create the karaf-4.2.x branch with the current master
> > - bump version on master to 4.3.0-SNAPSHOT and merge the R7 PR
> > - "flag" 4.1.x branch as non active
> >
> > Thoughts ?
> >
> > By the way, I will be at ApacheCon Montréal from tomorrow up to Thursday
> > afternoon. If you want to meet, talk about Karaf and related, please let
> > me know !
> >
> > Regards
> > JB
> > --
> > Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> > [hidden email]
> > http://blog.nanthrax.net
> > Talend - http://www.talend.com
> >

> --
>
> Apache Member
> Project Lead
> blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

Re: [PROPOSAL] Create karaf-4.2.x branch and move master to 4.3.x supporting R7

Just a quick update on this one.

I have a set of local branches that I would like to merge on master
before cutting the 4.2.x branch.
Then I will rebase my R7 update branch.

I keep you posted.