Pax Exam - Install wrapped Bundle

Kerry
Hi,

I'm trying to install TestFx standard JAR to run an integration test with PaxExam and because it's not OSGi by default I've tried supplying it in the Option array as a wrappedBundle:

wrappedBundle(mavenBundle(TESTFX_GROUP_ID, TESTFX_ARTIFACT_ID, TESTFX_VERSION)),

The test fails complaining that it cannot find a class within the TestFX JAR, and inspecting the Karaf instance after running the test, sure enough the JAR wasn't installed. There are no errors in the logs to say installation failed.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Kerry

Re: Pax Exam - Install wrapped Bundle

Oliver Lietz
On Saturday 26 August 2017 12:28:18 Kerry wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Kerry,

> I'm trying to install TestFx standard JAR to run an integration test with
> PaxExam and because it's not OSGi by default I've tried supplying it in the
> Option array as a wrappedBundle:
>
> wrappedBundle(mavenBundle(TESTFX_GROUP_ID, TESTFX_ARTIFACT_ID,
> TESTFX_VERSION)),
>
> The test fails complaining that it cannot find a class within the TestFX
> JAR, and inspecting the Karaf instance after running the test, sure enough
> the JAR wasn't installed. There are no errors in the logs to say
> installation failed.
>
> Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

without any error from the logs I can't, but have a look at Sling Karaf and
compare with your setup:

https://github.com/apache/sling/blob/trunk/karaf/org.apache.sling.karaf-integration-tests/src/test/java/org/apache/sling/karaf/tests/bootstrap/SlingLaunchpadNosqlCouchbaseIT.java

Regards,
O.

> Kerry

Re: Pax Exam - Install wrapped Bundle

Kerry
Hi Oliver,

Thanks for the link. In the end I found that all I needed to do was :

mavenBundle(GUAVA_GROUP_ID, GUAVA_ARTIFACT_ID, GUAVA_VERSION),
mavenBundle(TESTFX_GROUP_ID, TESTFX_ARTIFACT_ID, TESTFX_VERSION),

(text in capitals are just static Strings holding the maven coordinates)

And the bundles are wrapped for me automatically, so I am not sure what the purpose of the wrappedBundle method is, it doesn;t seem to work for me. I'll investigate the link further to see if there is anything different.

Kerry