Problem with client.bat

dsjaxen

Hi!

I believe the client.bat is still broken with the way it handles arguments.

When trying to do the following:

Client.bat -h=localhost -u=karaf -p=admin "shutdown -f"

I believe that because of the stuff in the batch file to handle argument 10 and 11, the quotes get removed from the “shutdown -f” and you get a response “miss the commands file”.

If you revert to the 4.2.3 version of the batch file the command works.

Thanks,

-Doug

Re: Problem with client.bat

jbonofre
Hi

I think I fixed that for coming 4.2.8 no ?

Let me check the jira.

Le 6 nov. 2019 22:41, "Jackson, Douglas" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi!

I believe the client.bat is still broken with the way it handles arguments.

When trying to do the following:

Client.bat -h=localhost -u=karaf -p=admin "shutdown -f"

I believe that because of the stuff in the batch file to handle argument 10 and 11, the quotes get removed from the “shutdown -f” and you get a response “miss the commands file”.

If you revert to the 4.2.3 version of the batch file the command works.

Thanks,

-Doug

RE: Problem with client.bat

dsjaxen

Hi!

A fix went into karaf 4.2.7 for the break caused by the handling of the 10th and 11th arguments.

I saw no other defects so I created one.

Thanks,

-Doug

Re: Problem with client.bat

Hi Doug

Did you try without = ?

The argument use -x y format, not -x=y

Le 6 nov. 2019 22:41, "Jackson, Douglas" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi!

I believe the client.bat is still broken with the way it handles arguments.

When trying to do the following:

Client.bat -h=localhost -u=karaf -p=admin "shutdown -f"

I believe that because of the stuff in the batch file to handle argument 10 and 11, the quotes get removed from the “shutdown -f” and you get a response “miss the commands file”.

If you revert to the 4.2.3 version of the batch file the command works.

Thanks,

-Doug

RE: Problem with client.bat

dsjaxen

Hi!

Just for others information, I tried without the ‘=’ and it fails in the same way.

It appears the ‘=’ works on windows, but not on linux.

   client -h localhost -u user -p pwd                    works on linux, windows

   client -h=localhost -u=user -p=pwd                 works only on windows

I see that you submitted a fix for 4.2.8. Thank you!

-Doug