[RELEASE] Preparing Karaf Decanter 2.0.0, Karaf Cellar 4.1.2/4.0.4, and Karaf "Container" 4.2.0

[RELEASE] Preparing Karaf Decanter 2.0.0, Karaf Cellar 4.1.2/4.0.4, and Karaf "Container" 4.2.0

jbonofre
Hi guys,

Just a quick update about the coming releases.

1. Apache Karaf Decanter 2.0.0
I'm working right now on the Decanter 2.0.0 release. It's a major new releases
(from the new Decanter 2.x series). We are on the right track for this release,
I should be able to submit to vote during the weekend.

2. Karaf Cellar 4.0.4/4.1.2
Some PRs have been merged and I'm reviewing a larger PR. I also have several
fixes and little improvements on the way. I plan to submit releases to vote in
roughly 2 weeks.

3. Karaf "Container" 4.2.0
After 4.2.0.M1 and 4.2.0.M2, I think we are pretty close to 4.2.0 release. We
still have 18 issues to qualify and eventually fix for this release. One of
important one is that we have to upgrade to Pax Web 6.1.2 that should upgrade to
Jetty 9.4.6. It's important to be aligned with latest Camel releases.
So, I started the Jira triage and also started the Pax Web Jetty ugprade.
I don't have strong dates in mind for now but hopefully, we should be able to
cut 4.2.0 in roughly 2 weeks.

Re: [RELEASE] Preparing Karaf Decanter 2.0.0, Karaf Cellar 4.1.2/4.0.4, and Karaf "Container" 4.2.0

Andrea Cosentino
Thanks JB

--
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------

[...]

a quick update on the release schedule.

As you probably saw, I canceled the Decanter 2.0.0 vote today. I will
fix the two pending issues: I should be able to submit a new 2.0.0
release to vote tomorrow.

For Cellar releases, I need more time as some changes are wider than
expected.

Regarding "container", before 4.2.0 release (still planned in couple of
weeks), I would like to prepare a 4.1.5 release pretty soon (probably
for the weekend). We did good fixes and improvements valuable for users,
so it makes sense to cut a release.

> Hi guys,
>
> Just a quick update about the coming releases.
>
> 1. Apache Karaf Decanter 2.0.0
> I'm working right now on the Decanter 2.0.0 release. It's a major new releases
> (from the new Decanter 2.x series). We are on the right track for this release,
> I should be able to submit to vote during the weekend.
>
> 2. Karaf Cellar 4.0.4/4.1.2
> Some PRs have been merged and I'm reviewing a larger PR. I also have several
> fixes and little improvements on the way. I plan to submit releases to vote in
> roughly 2 weeks.
>
> 3. Karaf "Container" 4.2.0
> After 4.2.0.M1 and 4.2.0.M2, I think we are pretty close to 4.2.0 release. We
> still have 18 issues to qualify and eventually fix for this release. One of
> important one is that we have to upgrade to Pax Web 6.1.2 that should upgrade to
> Jetty 9.4.6. It's important to be aligned with latest Camel releases.
> So, I started the Jira triage and also started the Pax Web Jetty ugprade.
> I don't have strong dates in mind for now but hopefully, we should be able to
> cut 4.2.0 in roughly 2 weeks.

Re: [RELEASE] Preparing Karaf Decanter 2.0.0, Karaf Cellar 4.1.2/4.0.4, and Karaf "Container" 4.2.0

Grzegorz Grzybek
Hello

On PAX-WEB side (and wrt PAX-CDI), I did some important, but norrow-scoped
changes related to pax-cdi integration. Generally pax-web-jetty now allows
to run JSF/CDI WARs without problems (at least MyFaces + Weld). There was
minor change needed in pax-web itself and a bit bigger change in pax-cdi.

I know pax-cdi is not that popular, but still - having 1.0.0.RCx for ~5
years now isn't nice ;)

As for pax-web 6.1.x upgrade to Jetty 9.4 - I'm OK, as (after I think I've
collected the right information here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TB_q5r9i8DOIHmBQa1_RjsrcjWCwCwsLPj3Pc6FoTJ8/edit#gid=1455909167>
- see both sheets) Jetty 9.4.x is still Servlets 3.1/JavaEE 7.

best regards
Grzegorz Grzybek

> a quick update on the release schedule.
>
> As you probably saw, I canceled the Decanter 2.0.0 vote today. I will fix
> the two pending issues: I should be able to submit a new 2.0.0 release to
> vote tomorrow.
>
> For Cellar releases, I need more time as some changes are wider than
> expected.
>
> Regarding "container", before 4.2.0 release (still planned in couple of
> weeks), I would like to prepare a 4.1.5 release pretty soon (probably for
> the weekend). We did good fixes and improvements valuable for users, so it
> makes sense to cut a release.

> On 24/01/2018 15:38, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> Just a quick update about the coming releases.
>>
>> 1. Apache Karaf Decanter 2.0.0
>> I'm working right now on the Decanter 2.0.0 release. It's a major new
>> releases
>> (from the new Decanter 2.x series). We are on the right track for this
>> release,
>> I should be able to submit to vote during the weekend.
>>
>> 2. Karaf Cellar 4.0.4/4.1.2
>> Some PRs have been merged and I'm reviewing a larger PR. I also have
>> several
>> fixes and little improvements on the way. I plan to submit releases to
>> vote in
>> roughly 2 weeks.
>>
>> 3. Karaf "Container" 4.2.0
>> After 4.2.0.M1 and 4.2.0.M2, I think we are pretty close to 4.2.0
>> release. We
>> still have 18 issues to qualify and eventually fix for this release. One
>> of
>> important one is that we have to upgrade to Pax Web 6.1.2 that should
>> upgrade to
>> Jetty 9.4.6. It's important to be aligned with latest Camel releases.
>> So, I started the Jira triage and also started the Pax Web Jetty ugprade.
>> I don't have strong dates in mind for now but hopefully, we should be
>> able to
>> cut 4.2.0 in roughly 2 weeks.

Re: [RELEASE] Preparing Karaf Decanter 2.0.0, Karaf Cellar 4.1.2/4.0.4, and Karaf "Container" 4.2.0

jbonofre
Hi Grzegorz

I plan to start a Pax Web 7.0.x branch (upgrade master) for the Jetty 9.4
update. Especially Jetty 9.4 brings Java9 support.
We usually bump Pax Web version when upgrading Jetty version.

Thoughts ?

On 02/01/2018 07:53 AM, Grzegorz Grzybek wrote:

> [...]
>>> roughly 2 weeks.
>>>
>>> 3. Karaf "Container" 4.2.0
>>> After 4.2.0.M1 and 4.2.0.M2, I think we are pretty close to 4.2.0
>>> release. We
>>> still have 18 issues to qualify and eventually fix for this release. One
>>> of
>>> important one is that we have to upgrade to Pax Web 6.1.2 that should
>>> upgrade to
>>> Jetty 9.4.6. It's important to be aligned with latest Camel releases.
>>> So, I started the Jira triage and also started the Pax Web Jetty ugprade.
>>> I don't have strong dates in mind for now but hopefully, we should be
>>> able to
>>> cut 4.2.0 in roughly 2 weeks.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> JB

Re: [RELEASE] Preparing Karaf Decanter 2.0.0, Karaf Cellar 4.1.2/4.0.4, and Karaf "Container" 4.2.0

Wasn't Pax-web 7 the version with Jetty 9.4.x support?

--
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------

On Thursday, February 1, 2018, 7:53:49 AM GMT+1, Grzegorz Grzybek <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello

On PAX-WEB side (and wrt PAX-CDI), I did some important, but norrow-scoped
changes related to pax-cdi integration. Generally pax-web-jetty now allows
to run JSF/CDI WARs without problems (at least MyFaces + Weld). There was
minor change needed in pax-web itself and a bit bigger change in pax-cdi.

I know pax-cdi is not that popular, but still - having 1.0.0.RCx for ~5
years now isn't nice ;)

As for pax-web 6.1.x upgrade to Jetty 9.4 - I'm OK, as (after I think I've
collected the right information here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TB_q5r9i8DOIHmBQa1_RjsrcjWCwCwsLPj3Pc6FoTJ8/edit#gid=1455909167>
- see both sheets) Jetty 9.4.x is still Servlets 3.1/JavaEE 7.

best regards
Grzegorz Grzybek

> a quick update on the release schedule.
>
> As you probably saw, I canceled the Decanter 2.0.0 vote today. I will fix
> the two pending issues: I should be able to submit a new 2.0.0 release to
> vote tomorrow.
>
> For Cellar releases, I need more time as some changes are wider than
> expected.
>
> Regarding "container", before 4.2.0 release (still planned in couple of
> weeks), I would like to prepare a 4.1.5 release pretty soon (probably for
> the weekend). We did good fixes and improvements valuable for users, so it
> makes sense to cut a release.

> On 24/01/2018 15:38, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> Just a quick update about the coming releases.
>>
>> 1. Apache Karaf Decanter 2.0.0
>> I'm working right now on the Decanter 2.0.0 release. It's a major new
>> releases
>> (from the new Decanter 2.x series). We are on the right track for this
>> release,
>> I should be able to submit to vote during the weekend.
>>
>> 2. Karaf Cellar 4.0.4/4.1.2
>> Some PRs have been merged and I'm reviewing a larger PR. I also have
>> several
>> fixes and little improvements on the way. I plan to submit releases to
>> vote in
>> roughly 2 weeks.
>>
>> 3. Karaf "Container" 4.2.0
>> After 4.2.0.M1 and 4.2.0.M2, I think we are pretty close to 4.2.0
>> release. We
>> still have 18 issues to qualify and eventually fix for this release. One
>> of
>> important one is that we have to upgrade to Pax Web 6.1.2 that should
>> upgrade to
>> Jetty 9.4.6. It's important to be aligned with latest Camel releases.
>> So, I started the Jira triage and also started the Pax Web Jetty ugprade.
>> I don't have strong dates in mind for now but hopefully, we should be
>> able to
>> cut 4.2.0 in roughly 2 weeks.

Re: [RELEASE] Preparing Karaf Decanter 2.0.0, Karaf Cellar 4.1.2/4.0.4, and Karaf "Container" 4.2.0

jbonofre
Yes, agree. Upgrading to Jetty 9.4.x means Pax Web 7, especially with Java9 coming.

I already updated Jira at OPS4J, and I plan to work on this update today and
tomorrow.

On 02/01/2018 07:57 AM, Andrea Cosentino wrote:

> [...]
>>> roughly 2 weeks.
>>>
>>> 3. Karaf "Container" 4.2.0
>>> After 4.2.0.M1 and 4.2.0.M2, I think we are pretty close to 4.2.0
>>> release. We
>>> still have 18 issues to qualify and eventually fix for this release. One
>>> of
>>> important one is that we have to upgrade to Pax Web 6.1.2 that should
>>> upgrade to
>>> Jetty 9.4.6. It's important to be aligned with latest Camel releases.
>>> So, I started the Jira triage and also started the Pax Web Jetty ugprade.
>>> I don't have strong dates in mind for now but hopefully, we should be
>>> able to
>>> cut 4.2.0 in roughly 2 weeks.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> JB

Re: [RELEASE] Preparing Karaf Decanter 2.0.0, Karaf Cellar 4.1.2/4.0.4, and Karaf "Container" 4.2.0

pax-web 7 (master branch) is now using jetty 9.3.21.v20170918.

Actually I'm not trying to tie pax-web releases to JavaEE releases. I see
that master branch (7.0.0-SNAPSHOT) now uses some OSGi R7 JAX-RS
samples/whiteboard and I don't think it's production-ready yet.

In other words - I don't think we should have Karaf 4.2 using pax-web 7.0.0
due to this OSGi R7 stuff.

Also, pax-web 6 already uses ASM6, so it should be (probably) Java9 ready.

regards
Grzegorz

> [...]
> >>
> >> 3. Karaf "Container" 4.2.0
> >> After 4.2.0.M1 and 4.2.0.M2, I think we are pretty close to 4.2.0
> >> release. We
> >> still have 18 issues to qualify and eventually fix for this release. One
> >> of
> >> important one is that we have to upgrade to Pax Web 6.1.2 that should
> >> upgrade to
> >> Jetty 9.4.6. It's important to be aligned with latest Camel releases.
> >> So, I started the Jira triage and also started the Pax Web Jetty
> ugprade.
> >> I don't have strong dates in mind for now but hopefully, we should be
> >> able to
> >> cut 4.2.0 in roughly 2 weeks.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> JB

Re: [RELEASE] Preparing Karaf Decanter 2.0.0, Karaf Cellar 4.1.2/4.0.4, and Karaf "Container" 4.2.0

My concern is more about the Jetty 9.4 update.

In that case, I would propose:

1. Bump master to Pax Web 8.0.x
2. Create a branch Pax Web 7.0.x based on 6.x
3. Upgrade to Jetty 9.4 in both master and 7.0.x branch.

Thoughts ?

On 02/01/2018 08:01 AM, Grzegorz Grzybek wrote:

> pax-web 7 (master branch) is now using jetty 9.3.21.v20170918.
>
> Actually I'm not trying to tie pax-web releases to JavaEE releases. I see
> that master branch (7.0.0-SNAPSHOT) now uses some OSGi R7 JAX-RS
> samples/whiteboard and I don't think it's production-ready yet.
>
> In other words - I don't think we should have Karaf 4.2 using pax-web 7.0.0
> due to this OSGi R7 stuff.
>
> Also, pax-web 6 already uses ASM6, so it should be (probably) Java9 ready.
>
> regards
> Grzegorz

>> Wasn't Pax-web 7 the version with Jetty 9.4.x support?
>>
>> --
>> Andrea Cosentino
>> ----------------------------------
>> Apache Camel PMC Member
>> Apache Karaf Committer
>> Apache Servicemix PMC Member
>> Email: [hidden email]
>> Twitter: @oscerd2
>> Github: oscerd
>>

>> On Thursday, February 1, 2018, 7:53:49 AM GMT+1, Grzegorz Grzybek <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> Hello
>>
>> On PAX-WEB side (and wrt PAX-CDI), I did some important, but norrow-scoped
>> changes related to pax-cdi integration. Generally pax-web-jetty now allows
>> to run JSF/CDI WARs without problems (at least MyFaces + Weld). There was
>> minor change needed in pax-web itself and a bit bigger change in pax-cdi.
>>
>> I know pax-cdi is not that popular, but still - having 1.0.0.RCx for ~5
>> years now isn't nice ;)
>>
>> As for pax-web 6.1.x upgrade to Jetty 9.4 - I'm OK, as (after I think I've
>> collected the right information here
>> <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TB_q5r9i8DOIHmBQa1_
>> RjsrcjWCwCwsLPj3Pc6FoTJ8/edit#gid=1455909167>
>> - see both sheets) Jetty 9.4.x is still Servlets 3.1/JavaEE 7.
>>
>> best regards
>> Grzegorz Grzybek

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> a quick update on the release schedule.
>>>
>>> As you probably saw, I canceled the Decanter 2.0.0 vote today. I will fix
>>> the two pending issues: I should be able to submit a new 2.0.0 release to
>>> vote tomorrow.
>>>
>>> For Cellar releases, I need more time as some changes are wider than
>>> expected.
>>>
>>> Regarding "container", before 4.2.0 release (still planned in couple of
>>> weeks), I would like to prepare a 4.1.5 release pretty soon (probably for
>>> the weekend). We did good fixes and improvements valuable for users, so
>> it
>>> makes sense to cut a release.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> JB

>> ugprade.

Re: [RELEASE] Preparing Karaf Decanter 2.0.0, Karaf Cellar 4.1.2/4.0.4, and Karaf "Container" 4.2.0

Grzegorz Grzybek
Good idea. pax-web 7 won't differ much from 6.1, but it's ok.

regards
Grzegorz Grzybek

> My concern is more about the Jetty 9.4 update.
>
> In that case, I would propose:
>
> 1. Bump master to Pax Web 8.0.x
> 2. Create a branch Pax Web 7.0.x based on 6.x
> 3. Upgrade to Jetty 9.4 in both master and 7.0.x branch.
>
> Thoughts ?

> On 02/01/2018 08:01 AM, Grzegorz Grzybek wrote:
> > pax-web 7 (master branch) is now using jetty 9.3.21.v20170918.
> >
> > Actually I'm not trying to tie pax-web releases to JavaEE releases. I see
> > that master branch (7.0.0-SNAPSHOT) now uses some OSGi R7 JAX-RS
> > samples/whiteboard and I don't think it's production-ready yet.
> >
> > In other words - I don't think we should have Karaf 4.2 using pax-web
> 7.0.0
> > due to this OSGi R7 stuff.
> >
> > Also, pax-web 6 already uses ASM6, so it should be (probably) Java9
> ready.
> >
> > regards
> > Grzegorz

> >> Wasn't Pax-web 7 the version with Jetty 9.4.x support?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Andrea Cosentino
> >> ----------------------------------
> >> Apache Camel PMC Member
> >> Apache Karaf Committer
> >> Apache Servicemix PMC Member
> >> Email: [hidden email]
> >> Twitter: @oscerd2
> >> Github: oscerd
> >>

> >> On Thursday, February 1, 2018, 7:53:49 AM GMT+1, Grzegorz Grzybek <
> >> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >>

> >> Hello
> >>
> >> On PAX-WEB side (and wrt PAX-CDI), I did some important, but
> norrow-scoped
> >> changes related to pax-cdi integration. Generally pax-web-jetty now
> allows
> >> to run JSF/CDI WARs without problems (at least MyFaces + Weld). There
> was
> >> minor change needed in pax-web itself and a bit bigger change in
> pax-cdi.
> >>
> >> I know pax-cdi is not that popular, but still - having 1.0.0.RCx for ~5
> >> years now isn't nice ;)
> >>
> >> As for pax-web 6.1.x upgrade to Jetty 9.4 - I'm OK, as (after I think
> I've
> >> collected the right information here
> >> <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TB_q5r9i8DOIHmBQa1_
> >> RjsrcjWCwCwsLPj3Pc6FoTJ8/edit#gid=1455909167>
> >> - see both sheets) Jetty 9.4.x is still Servlets 3.1/JavaEE 7.
> >>
> >> best regards
> >> Grzegorz Grzybek

> fix

> for
> >> it

> One
> >> ugprade.

Re: [RELEASE] Preparing Karaf Decanter 2.0.0, Karaf Cellar 4.1.2/4.0.4, and Karaf "Container" 4.2.0

Grzegorz Grzybek
OK, one more thing about pax-web and pax-cdi.

I tried upgrading some versions in pax-cdi and while weld / pax-cdi itself
doesn't have problems working with ASM6 / xbean-asm6-shaded (as weld uses
own proxy generator from JBoss classwriter), there's problem with
openwebbeans... 1.x version is CDI 1.2, but uses xbean-asm5-shaded.
Openwebbeans 2.x uses xbean-asm6-shaded BUT it's CDI 2.0 implementation...

I don't have good solution here. pax-web 6.x already uses asm6 which seems
to be backward (down to JDK8) compatible... I don't think dropping
Openwebbeans 1.x support in pax-cdi 1.0.0 is good idea...

regards
Grzegorz Grzybek

> Good idea. pax-web 7 won't differ much from 6.1, but it's ok.
>
> regards
> Grzegorz Grzybek

>> My concern is more about the Jetty 9.4 update.
>>
>> In that case, I would propose:
>>
>> 1. Bump master to Pax Web 8.0.x
>> 2. Create a branch Pax Web 7.0.x based on 6.x
>> 3. Upgrade to Jetty 9.4 in both master and 7.0.x branch.
>>
>> Thoughts ?

>> On 02/01/2018 08:01 AM, Grzegorz Grzybek wrote:
>> > pax-web 7 (master branch) is now using jetty 9.3.21.v20170918.
>> >
>> > Actually I'm not trying to tie pax-web releases to JavaEE releases. I
>> see
>> > that master branch (7.0.0-SNAPSHOT) now uses some OSGi R7 JAX-RS
>> > samples/whiteboard and I don't think it's production-ready yet.
>> >
>> > In other words - I don't think we should have Karaf 4.2 using pax-web
>> 7.0.0
>> > due to this OSGi R7 stuff.
>> >
>> > Also, pax-web 6 already uses ASM6, so it should be (probably) Java9
>> ready.
>> >
>> > regards
>> > Grzegorz

>> norrow-scoped
>> allows
>> was
>> pax-cdi.

>> I've

>> fix
>> release to

>> of
>> for
>> so

>> this

>> One

>> --
>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>> [hidden email]
>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [RELEASE] Preparing Karaf Decanter 2.0.0, Karaf Cellar 4.1.2/4.0.4, and Karaf "Container" 4.2.0

it's been me asking for a bump to 7 for Pax Web when using Jetty 9.4 with
full J9 support.
I'm not that much involved in it anymore so my idea might be overruled by
anyone knowing it better.
The point for me to do a Pax Web 7, with Jetty 9.4 is:
- jetty 9.4 does have some Major changes, so isn't really minor version
compatible anymore
- jetty 9.4 is now fully functional on J9, while jetty 9.3 was working

To reflect these I requested to use version 7, and initially I thought I
would be able to actually push also on the new OSGi R7 stuff.
But I have to face it, my day job doesn't give me the freedom anymore to
actually work on any open source project right now.
The only thing I'm able to to is to watch the mailinglists and sometimes
give a hint or two :/

So feel free to call the version anything that feels better to you, I just
don't have the "stakes" at it any longer.

regards, Achim

--

Apache Member
Project Lead

Re: [RELEASE] Preparing Karaf Decanter 2.0.0, Karaf Cellar 4.1.2/4.0.4, and Karaf "Container" 4.2.0

jbonofre
Thanks for the update buddy.

So, I will do the following today:

- bump master to 8.0.0-SNAPSHOT
- create a branch 7.0.x based on 6.1.x
- upgrade to Jetty 9.4 on both master and 7.0.x

On 02/01/2018 09:56 AM, Achim Nierbeck wrote:

> Hi,
>
> it's been me asking for a bump to 7 for Pax Web when using Jetty 9.4 with
> full J9 support.
> I'm not that much involved in it anymore so my idea might be overruled by
> anyone knowing it better.
> The point for me to do a Pax Web 7, with Jetty 9.4 is:
> - jetty 9.4 does have some Major changes, so isn't really minor version
> compatible anymore
> - jetty 9.4 is now fully functional on J9, while jetty 9.3 was working
>
> To reflect these I requested to use version 7, and initially I thought I
> would be able to actually push also on the new OSGi R7 stuff.
> But I have to face it, my day job doesn't give me the freedom anymore to
> actually work on any open source project right now.
> The only thing I'm able to to is to watch the mailinglists and sometimes
> give a hint or two :/
>
> So feel free to call the version anything that feels better to you, I just
> don't have the "stakes" at it any longer.
>

> regards, Achim

>> OK, one more thing about pax-web and pax-cdi.
>>
>> I tried upgrading some versions in pax-cdi and while weld / pax-cdi itself
>> doesn't have problems working with ASM6 / xbean-asm6-shaded (as weld uses
>> own proxy generator from JBoss classwriter), there's problem with
>> openwebbeans... 1.x version is CDI 1.2, but uses xbean-asm5-shaded.
>> Openwebbeans 2.x uses xbean-asm6-shaded BUT it's CDI 2.0 implementation...
>>
>> I don't have good solution here. pax-web 6.x already uses asm6 which seems
>> to be backward (down to JDK8) compatible... I don't think dropping
>> Openwebbeans 1.x support in pax-cdi 1.0.0 is good idea...
>>
>> regards
>> Grzegorz Grzybek

>>> Good idea. pax-web 7 won't differ much from 6.1, but it's ok.
>>>
>>> regards
>>> Grzegorz Grzybek

>> ~5

>> will

>> (probably

>> new

>> have

>> release.
>> should
>> releases.
>> be

Re: [RELEASE] Preparing Karaf Decanter 2.0.0, Karaf Cellar 4.1.2/4.0.4, and Karaf "Container" 4.2.0

Grzegorz Grzybek

> Thanks for the update buddy.
>
> So, I will do the following today:
>
> - bump master to 8.0.0-SNAPSHOT
> - create a branch 7.0.x based on 6.1.x
> - upgrade to Jetty 9.4 on both master and 7.0.x

amen!
+1
thanks for explanation

regards