Re: [ANN] Apache Karaf 4.2.0 has been released!

Re: [ANN] Apache Karaf 4.2.0 has been released!

fpapon
Thanks to all for this big release !

François

Le 10/04/2018 à 13:52, Jean-Baptiste Onofré a écrit :

> The Apache Karaf team is pleased to announce Apache Karaf 4.2.0 release!
>
> This is the first GA release on the new 4.2.x stable series, bringing
> a lot of fixes, improvements and new features.
>
> You take a look on the Release Notes for details:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311140&version=12342076
>

> You can download the release from the Karaf website:
>
> http://karaf.apache.org/download.html#container-420
>
> Enjoy !
>
> The Karaf Team

Francois Papon
Openrun : https://www.openrun.re

Re: [ANN] Apache Karaf 4.2.0 has been released!

bhillou
Congratulations & thanks for all the work !

cheers,
  Serge...

Serge Huber
CTO & Co-Founder
T +41 22 361 3424
9 route des Jeunes | 1227 Acacias | Switzerland
jahia.com <http://www.jahia.com/>
SKYPE | LINKEDIN <https://www.linkedin.com/in/sergehuber> | TWITTER
<https://twitter.com/sergehuber> | VCARD
<http://www.jahia.com/vcard/HuberSerge.vcf>

> JOIN OUR COMMUNITY <http://www.jahia.com/> to evaluate, get trained and
to discover why Jahia is a leading User Experience Platform (UXP) for
Digital Transformation.

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 12:47 PM, Francois Papon <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks to all for this big release !
>
> François
>

> Le 10/04/2018 à 13:52, Jean-Baptiste Onofré a écrit :
> > The Apache Karaf team is pleased to announce Apache Karaf 4.2.0 release!
> >
> > This is the first GA release on the new 4.2.x stable series, bringing
> > a lot of fixes, improvements and new features.
> >
> > You take a look on the Release Notes for details:
> >
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?
> projectId=12311140&version=12342076
> >

> > You can download the release from the Karaf website:
> >
> > http://karaf.apache.org/download.html#container-420
> >
> > Enjoy !
> >
> > The Karaf Team

Re: [ANN] Apache Karaf 4.2.0 has been released!

Guillaume Nodet-2
JB, thx for the work on the release.

I think we (collectively) should work a bit on the announcement so that the
release notes is more informative than just a long list of jira issues.
Maybe a way to help would be to group related JIRA issues into  tasks, so
that the list of tasks makes more sense.
Right now, it's difficult to see the big picture and even with the jira
tasks above, I think a small text highlighting the big changes would be
welcomed.
Thoughts ?

Guillaume

> The Apache Karaf team is pleased to announce Apache Karaf 4.2.0 release!
>
> This is the first GA release on the new 4.2.x stable series, bringing a
> lot of fixes, improvements and new features.
>
> You take a look on the Release Notes for details:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?proje
> ctId=12311140&version=12342076
>
> You can download the release from the Karaf website:
>
> http://karaf.apache.org/download.html#container-420
>
> Enjoy !
>
> The Karaf Team

Re: [ANN] Apache Karaf 4.2.0 has been released!

jbonofre
That's a good idea. Agree.

I wanted to prepare some highlights text but it was pretty large.

My bad, I prepare a blog post about the main highlights.

For next release, I will prepare some labels in Jira.

On 10/04/2018 13:51, Guillaume Nodet wrote:

> JB, thx for the work on the release.
>
> I think we (collectively) should work a bit on the announcement so that the
> release notes is more informative than just a long list of jira issues.
> Maybe a way to help would be to group related JIRA issues into  tasks, so
> that the list of tasks makes more sense.
> Right now, it's difficult to see the big picture and even with the jira
> tasks above, I think a small text highlighting the big changes would be
> welcomed.
> Thoughts ?
>
> Guillaume

>> The Apache Karaf team is pleased to announce Apache Karaf 4.2.0 release!
>>
>> This is the first GA release on the new 4.2.x stable series, bringing a
>> lot of fixes, improvements and new features.
>>
>> You take a look on the Release Notes for details:
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?proje
>> ctId=12311140&version=12342076
>>
>> You can download the release from the Karaf website:
>>
>> http://karaf.apache.org/download.html#container-420
>>
>> Enjoy !
>>
>> The Karaf Team

Re: [ANN] Apache Karaf 4.2.0 has been released!

Maybe we could add the section "News" in the header menu where we listed
the announcements (actually only in the home page slideshow) with some
details about the highlights and/or some related blog links.

François

Francois Papon
Openrun : https://www.openrun.re

Re: [ANN] Apache Karaf 4.2.0 has been released!

jbonofre
It sounds good !

On 10/04/2018 14:22, Francois Papon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Maybe we could add the section "News" in the header menu where we listed
> the announcements (actually only in the home page slideshow) with some
> details about the highlights and/or some related blog links.
>
> François
>

> Le 10/04/2018 à 16:04, Jean-Baptiste Onofré a écrit :
>> That's a good idea. Agree.
>>
>> I wanted to prepare some highlights text but it was pretty large.
>>
>> My bad, I prepare a blog post about the main highlights.
>>
>> For next release, I will prepare some labels in Jira.

>> On 10/04/2018 13:51, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
>>> JB, thx for the work on the release.
>>>
>>> I think we (collectively) should work a bit on the announcement so
>>> that the
>>> release notes is more informative than just a long list of jira issues.
>>> Maybe a way to help would be to group related JIRA issues into
>>> tasks, so
>>> that the list of tasks makes more sense.
>>> Right now, it's difficult to see the big picture and even with the jira
>>> tasks above, I think a small text highlighting the big changes would be
>>> welcomed.
>>> Thoughts ?
>>>
>>> Guillaume

Re: [ANN] Apache Karaf 4.2.0 has been released!

I pushed a pull request for the section "News" :

https://github.com/apache/karaf-site/pull/5

Feedbacks are welcome :)

François