Re: Karaf starting slow on new mac

first you should post your question on the users list, issues is actually
for the issue tracker :)
second, I'm using macOS Sierra, and everything is running fine so I can not
reproduce this.

regards, Achim

--

Apache Member
Project Lead

Re: Karaf starting slow on new mac

Milen Dyankov
See https://thoeni.io/post/macos-sierra-java/

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 9:01 PM, Achim Nierbeck <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> first you should post your question on the users list, issues is actually
> for the issue tracker :)
> second, I'm using macOS Sierra, and everything is running fine so I can not
> reproduce this.
>
> regards, Achim

> > I have tried using several different versions including 3.0.3 and 4.1.1.
> > My operating system is macOS Sierra Version 10.12.4 and I am using the
> Java
> > JVM 1.8. I do not have a stack trace because nothing is technically
> erring
> > out but just running extremely slow. I first noticed a problem when
> > integration tests weren’t passing on my new laptop but the exact same
> code
> > was passing on a coworkers laptop. He is running an older version macOS.
> We
> > think it has something to do with macOS Sierra because we had another
> > developer test on his box and got the same behavior I was getting. It
> seems
> > like it is taking longer than normal on the RMI steps of the startup
> > process. Even when downloading a clean version of Kara and starting it,
> the
> > process takes 15+ secs on a new Mac and less than 3 secs on the older
> > version of macOS. The is nothing that I can find of people having the
> same
> > problem so this was the only other place I thought to come. Thank you for
> > any help in advance.
> > --
> > This e-mail, any and all files transmitted with it, and all corresponding
> > e-mail messages are confidential and intended solely for the use of the
> > individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received
> this
> > email in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail. If
> > you are not the named addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute
> or
> > copy this e-mail. Disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action
> in
> > reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.
> >

> --
>
> Apache Member
> Project Lead
> blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

http://about.me/milen

Re: Karaf starting slow on new mac

Matt Sicker
Oh wow, I had that same issue in Log4j a while back. I added quick fix
instructions on our building page. Just add your host name to /etc/hosts. I
wonder if it's an IPv6 problem in macOS?

--
Matt Sicker <[hidden email]>