Remote services with Karaf question.

rkmoquin
Hi, I was going to start playing with OSGi R7 with Karaf.

Does Cellar support R7 remote services?  If I was interested in Hazelcast under the covers, would the be a reason to use any of the other remote services implementations like ECF along with Cellar or just use the implementation Cellar provides?

Is there a generally preferred approach to R7 on Karaf?

Thanks for any advice!

Ryan

Re: Remote services with Karaf question.

Scott Lewis
On 8/4/2019 10:34 AM, Ryan Moquin wrote:
> Hi, I was going to start playing with OSGi R7 with Karaf.
>
> Does Cellar support R7 remote services?  If I was interested in
> Hazelcast under the covers, would the be a reason to use any of the
> other remote services implementations like ECF along with Cellar or
> just use the implementation Cellar provides?

I'm not sure if Cellar can use R7 remote services, but if it can then I
think that your desire to use Hazelcast as transport would provde a good
reason to use ECF's R7 Remote Services impl, as ECF does already have a
Hazelcast-based provider [1].

One current shortcoming is that the Hazelcast provider does not yet have
a set of Karaf features for it (like most other ECF RS providers), but
that would be easy for us to create/produce if requested.

> Is there a generally preferred approach to R7 on Karaf?
>
> Thanks for any advice!
>
> Ryan

[1] https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider

Re: Remote services with Karaf question.

Hi Ryan,

Cellar doesn't support R7 remote services yet (it's on the way).

However, you can use the Cellar Hazelcast feature and use ECF.

On 04/08/2019 19:34, Ryan Moquin wrote:

> Hi, I was going to start playing with OSGi R7 with Karaf.
>
> Does Cellar support R7 remote services?  If I was interested in
> Hazelcast under the covers, would the be a reason to use any of the
> other remote services implementations like ECF along with Cellar or just
> use the implementation Cellar provides?
>
> Is there a generally preferred approach to R7 on Karaf?
>
> Thanks for any advice!
>
> Ryan

Re: Remote services with Karaf question.

Tim Ward-2
I’m pretty sure that Aries RSA has Karaf features defined too.

https://github.com/apache/aries-rsa/tree/master/features

Best Regards,

Tim

> On 5 Aug 2019, at 05:50, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Ryan,
>
> Cellar doesn't support R7 remote services yet (it's on the way).
>
> However, you can use the Cellar Hazelcast feature and use ECF.

> On 04/08/2019 19:34, Ryan Moquin wrote:
>> Hi, I was going to start playing with OSGi R7 with Karaf.
>>
>> Does Cellar support R7 remote services?  If I was interested in
>> Hazelcast under the covers, would the be a reason to use any of the
>> other remote services implementations like ECF along with Cellar or just
>> use the implementation Cellar provides?
>>
>> Is there a generally preferred approach to R7 on Karaf?
>>
>> Thanks for any advice!
>>
>> Ryan

Re: Remote services with Karaf question.

rkmoquin
I forgot about the Aries RSA.

Thanks for all the responses, it was helpful!

Ryan

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019, 4:57 AM Tim Ward <[hidden email]> wrote:
I’m pretty sure that Aries RSA has Karaf features defined too.

https://github.com/apache/aries-rsa/tree/master/features

Best Regards,

Tim

> On 5 Aug 2019, at 05:50, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Ryan,
>
> Cellar doesn't support R7 remote services yet (it's on the way).
>
> However, you can use the Cellar Hazelcast feature and use ECF.

> On 04/08/2019 19:34, Ryan Moquin wrote:
>> Hi, I was going to start playing with OSGi R7 with Karaf.
>>
>> Does Cellar support R7 remote services?  If I was interested in
>> Hazelcast under the covers, would the be a reason to use any of the
>> other remote services implementations like ECF along with Cellar or just
>> use the implementation Cellar provides?
>>
>> Is there a generally preferred approach to R7 on Karaf?
>>
>> Thanks for any advice!
>>
>> Ryan

Re: Remote services with Karaf question.

Scott Lewis
<stuff deleted>
> One current shortcoming is that the Hazelcast provider does not yet
> have a set of Karaf features for it (like most other ECF RS
> providers), but that would be easy for us to create/produce if requested.

A karaf feature was added [1] for version 1.4.0 of the Hazelcast
distribution provider [2].

Scott

[1]
https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider/blob/master/build/karaf-features.xml

[2] https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider

Re: Remote services with Karaf question.

rkmoquin
Awesome, thanks!  I'll give that a try.  I am about ready to try some distributed deployments that will connect up and hopefully achieve a lot of the kind of stuff people add envoy and istio type stuff in for (that's much more complicated stuff I don't want right now)

I'll let you know how it works!

Ryan

On Tue, Aug 6, 2019, 6:17 PM Scott Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:
<stuff deleted>
> One current shortcoming is that the Hazelcast provider does not yet
> have a set of Karaf features for it (like most other ECF RS
> providers), but that would be easy for us to create/produce if requested.

A karaf feature was added [1] for version 1.4.0 of the Hazelcast
distribution provider [2].

Scott

[1]
https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider/blob/master/build/karaf-features.xml

[2] https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider

Re: Remote services with Karaf question.

rkmoquin
It doesn't look like that hazelcast provider is part of the main ecf feature repo for karaf?  Do we need to manually deploy the feature xml for the hazelcast provider to our local maven repo to install it or is it available in a maven repository somewhere?

On 8/29/2019 7:17 AM, Ryan Moquin wrote:
It doesn't look like that hazelcast provider is part of the main ecf feature repo for karaf?

Not yet.   I will look to add it soon, however.  FWIW, it is part of the ECF bndtools workspace [1].

Do we need to manually deploy the feature xml for the hazelcast provider to our local maven repo to install it or is it available in a maven repository somewhere?

It is available as a karaf-feature (http jar access) here [2].   Feel free to put into local maven repo if you prefer.   I am going to try to deploy this and some of the other distribution providers to maven central as well.

Scott

[1] https://github.com/ECF/bndtools.workspace

[2] https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider/blob/master/build/karaf-features.xml

Ryan

On Tue, Aug 6, 2019, 6:17 PM Scott Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:
<stuff deleted>
> One current shortcoming is that the Hazelcast provider does not yet
> have a set of Karaf features for it (like most other ECF RS
> providers), but that would be easy for us to create/produce if requested.

A karaf feature was added [1] for version 1.4.0 of the Hazelcast
distribution provider [2].

Scott

[1]
https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider/blob/master/build/karaf-features.xml

[2] https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider

Re: Remote services with Karaf question.

FYI, you have a complete hazelcast feature in Cellar.

On 29/08/2019 16:17, Ryan Moquin wrote:

> It doesn't look like that hazelcast provider is part of the main ecf
> feature repo for karaf?  Do we need to manually deploy the feature xml
> for the hazelcast provider to our local maven repo to install it or is
> it available in a maven repository somewhere?
>
> Ryan
>
> On Tue, Aug 6, 2019, 6:17 PM Scott Lewis <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     <stuff deleted>
>     > One current shortcoming is that the Hazelcast provider does not yet
>     > have a set of Karaf features for it (like most other ECF RS
>     > providers), but that would be easy for us to create/produce if
>     requested.
>
>     A karaf feature was added [1] for version 1.4.0 of the Hazelcast
>     distribution provider [2].
>
>     Scott
>
>     [1]
>     https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider/blob/master/build/karaf-features.xml
>
>     [2] https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider

Re: Remote services with Karaf question.

rkmoquin

when I try to install it, it fails with a missing dependency for some reason:

org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=ecf-rs-distribution-hazelcast; type=karaf.feature; version="[1.4.0,1.4.0]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=ecf-rs-distribution-hazelcast)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=1.4.0)(version<=1.4.0))" [caused by: Unable to resolve ecf-rs-distribution-hazelcast/1.4.0: missing requirement [ecf-rs-distribution-hazelcast/1.4.0] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=transaction-api; type=karaf.feature]

So that's a bummer.

On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 5:41 PM Scott Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Ryan,

On 8/29/2019 7:17 AM, Ryan Moquin wrote:
It doesn't look like that hazelcast provider is part of the main ecf feature repo for karaf?

Not yet.   I will look to add it soon, however.  FWIW, it is part of the ECF bndtools workspace [1].

Do we need to manually deploy the feature xml for the hazelcast provider to our local maven repo to install it or is it available in a maven repository somewhere?

It is available as a karaf-feature (http jar access) here [2].   Feel free to put into local maven repo if you prefer.   I am going to try to deploy this and some of the other distribution providers to maven central as well.

Scott

[1] https://github.com/ECF/bndtools.workspace

[2] https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider/blob/master/build/karaf-features.xml

Ryan

On Tue, Aug 6, 2019, 6:17 PM Scott Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:
<stuff deleted>
> One current shortcoming is that the Hazelcast provider does not yet
> have a set of Karaf features for it (like most other ECF RS
> providers), but that would be easy for us to create/produce if requested.

A karaf feature was added [1] for version 1.4.0 of the Hazelcast
distribution provider [2].

Scott

[1]
https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider/blob/master/build/karaf-features.xml

[2] https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider

Re: Remote services with Karaf question.

do you have transaction & transaction-api features installed ?

On 30/08/2019 18:06, Ryan Moquin wrote:

> when I try to install it, it fails with a missing dependency for some
> reason:
>
> org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve
> root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity;
> osgi.identity=ecf-rs-distribution-hazelcast; type=karaf.feature;
> version="[1.4.0,1.4.0]";
> filter:="(&(osgi.identity=ecf-rs-distribution-hazelcast)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=1.4.0)(version<=1.4.0))"
> [caused by: Unable to resolve ecf-rs-distribution-hazelcast/1.4.0:
> missing requirement [ecf-rs-distribution-hazelcast/1.4.0] osgi.identity;
> osgi.identity=transaction-api; type=karaf.feature]
>
> So that's a bummer.
>
> On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 5:41 PM Scott Lewis <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Ryan,
>
>     On 8/29/2019 7:17 AM, Ryan Moquin wrote:
>>     It doesn't look like that hazelcast provider is part of the main
>>     ecf feature repo for karaf?
>
>     Not yet.   I will look to add it soon, however.  FWIW, it is part of
>     the ECF bndtools workspace [1].
>
>>     Do we need to manually deploy the feature xml for the hazelcast
>>     provider to our local maven repo to install it or is it available
>>     in a maven repository somewhere?
>
>     It is available as a karaf-feature (http jar access) here [2].
>     Feel free to put into local maven repo if you prefer.   I am going
>     to try to deploy this and some of the other distribution providers
>     to maven central as well.
>
>     Scott
>
>     [1] https://github.com/ECF/bndtools.workspace
>
>     [2]
>     https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider/blob/master/build/karaf-features.xml
>

>>     Ryan
>>
>>     On Tue, Aug 6, 2019, 6:17 PM Scott Lewis <[hidden email]
>>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>         <stuff deleted>
>>         > One current shortcoming is that the Hazelcast provider does
>>         not yet
>>         > have a set of Karaf features for it (like most other ECF RS
>>         > providers), but that would be easy for us to create/produce
>>         if requested.
>>
>>         A karaf feature was added [1] for version 1.4.0 of the Hazelcast
>>         distribution provider [2].
>>
>>         Scott
>>
>>         [1]
>>         https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider/blob/master/build/karaf-features.xml
>>
>>         [2] https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider

Re: Remote services with Karaf question.

rkmoquin
No, they are referenced in the feature as dependencies, I thought it would get installed.

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019, 12:17 PM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

do you have transaction & transaction-api features installed ?

On 30/08/2019 18:06, Ryan Moquin wrote:

> when I try to install it, it fails with a missing dependency for some
> reason:
>
> org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve
> root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity;
> osgi.identity=ecf-rs-distribution-hazelcast; type=karaf.feature;
> version="[1.4.0,1.4.0]";
> filter:="(&(osgi.identity=ecf-rs-distribution-hazelcast)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=1.4.0)(version<=1.4.0))"
> [caused by: Unable to resolve ecf-rs-distribution-hazelcast/1.4.0:
> missing requirement [ecf-rs-distribution-hazelcast/1.4.0] osgi.identity;
> osgi.identity=transaction-api; type=karaf.feature]
>
> So that's a bummer.
>
> On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 5:41 PM Scott Lewis <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Ryan,
>
>     On 8/29/2019 7:17 AM, Ryan Moquin wrote:
>>     It doesn't look like that hazelcast provider is part of the main
>>     ecf feature repo for karaf?
>
>     Not yet.   I will look to add it soon, however.  FWIW, it is part of
>     the ECF bndtools workspace [1].
>
>>     Do we need to manually deploy the feature xml for the hazelcast
>>     provider to our local maven repo to install it or is it available
>>     in a maven repository somewhere?
>
>     It is available as a karaf-feature (http jar access) here [2].
>     Feel free to put into local maven repo if you prefer.   I am going
>     to try to deploy this and some of the other distribution providers
>     to maven central as well.
>
>     Scott
>
>     [1] https://github.com/ECF/bndtools.workspace
>
>     [2]
>     https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider/blob/master/build/karaf-features.xml
>

>>     Ryan
>>
>>     On Tue, Aug 6, 2019, 6:17 PM Scott Lewis <[hidden email]
>>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>         <stuff deleted>
>>         > One current shortcoming is that the Hazelcast provider does
>>         not yet
>>         > have a set of Karaf features for it (like most other ECF RS
>>         > providers), but that would be easy for us to create/produce
>>         if requested.
>>
>>         A karaf feature was added [1] for version 1.4.0 of the Hazelcast
>>         distribution provider [2].
>>
>>         Scott
>>
>>         [1]
>>         https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider/blob/master/build/karaf-features.xml
>>
>>         [2] https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider

Re: Remote services with Karaf question.

rkmoquin
I'll just install them manually.

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019, 2:59 PM Ryan Moquin <[hidden email]> wrote:
No, they are referenced in the feature as dependencies, I thought it would get installed.

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019, 12:17 PM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

do you have transaction & transaction-api features installed ?

On 30/08/2019 18:06, Ryan Moquin wrote:

> when I try to install it, it fails with a missing dependency for some
> reason:
>
> org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve
> root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity;
> osgi.identity=ecf-rs-distribution-hazelcast; type=karaf.feature;
> version="[1.4.0,1.4.0]";
> filter:="(&(osgi.identity=ecf-rs-distribution-hazelcast)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=1.4.0)(version<=1.4.0))"
> [caused by: Unable to resolve ecf-rs-distribution-hazelcast/1.4.0:
> missing requirement [ecf-rs-distribution-hazelcast/1.4.0] osgi.identity;
> osgi.identity=transaction-api; type=karaf.feature]
>
> So that's a bummer.
>
> On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 5:41 PM Scott Lewis <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Ryan,
>
>     On 8/29/2019 7:17 AM, Ryan Moquin wrote:
>>     It doesn't look like that hazelcast provider is part of the main
>>     ecf feature repo for karaf?
>
>     Not yet.   I will look to add it soon, however.  FWIW, it is part of
>     the ECF bndtools workspace [1].
>
>>     Do we need to manually deploy the feature xml for the hazelcast
>>     provider to our local maven repo to install it or is it available
>>     in a maven repository somewhere?
>
>     It is available as a karaf-feature (http jar access) here [2].
>     Feel free to put into local maven repo if you prefer.   I am going
>     to try to deploy this and some of the other distribution providers
>     to maven central as well.
>
>     Scott
>
>     [1] https://github.com/ECF/bndtools.workspace
>
>     [2]
>     https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider/blob/master/build/karaf-features.xml
>

>>     Ryan
>>
>>     On Tue, Aug 6, 2019, 6:17 PM Scott Lewis <[hidden email]
>>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>         <stuff deleted>
>>         > One current shortcoming is that the Hazelcast provider does
>>         not yet
>>         > have a set of Karaf features for it (like most other ECF RS
>>         > providers), but that would be easy for us to create/produce
>>         if requested.
>>
>>         A karaf feature was added [1] for version 1.4.0 of the Hazelcast
>>         distribution provider [2].
>>
>>         Scott
>>
>>         [1]
>>         https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider/blob/master/build/karaf-features.xml
>>
>>         [2] https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider

Re: Remote services with Karaf question.

rkmoquin
Actually, I guess I don't know where transaction-api comes from since it's not found if I try to install it.

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 3:22 PM Ryan Moquin <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'll just install them manually.

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019, 2:59 PM Ryan Moquin <[hidden email]> wrote:
No, they are referenced in the feature as dependencies, I thought it would get installed.

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019, 12:17 PM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

do you have transaction & transaction-api features installed ?

On 30/08/2019 18:06, Ryan Moquin wrote:

> when I try to install it, it fails with a missing dependency for some
> reason:
>
> org.apache.felix.resolver.reason.ReasonException: Unable to resolve
> root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity;
> osgi.identity=ecf-rs-distribution-hazelcast; type=karaf.feature;
> version="[1.4.0,1.4.0]";
> filter:="(&(osgi.identity=ecf-rs-distribution-hazelcast)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=1.4.0)(version<=1.4.0))"
> [caused by: Unable to resolve ecf-rs-distribution-hazelcast/1.4.0:
> missing requirement [ecf-rs-distribution-hazelcast/1.4.0] osgi.identity;
> osgi.identity=transaction-api; type=karaf.feature]
>
> So that's a bummer.
>
> On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 5:41 PM Scott Lewis <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Ryan,
>
>     On 8/29/2019 7:17 AM, Ryan Moquin wrote:
>>     It doesn't look like that hazelcast provider is part of the main
>>     ecf feature repo for karaf?
>
>     Not yet.   I will look to add it soon, however.  FWIW, it is part of
>     the ECF bndtools workspace [1].
>
>>     Do we need to manually deploy the feature xml for the hazelcast
>>     provider to our local maven repo to install it or is it available
>>     in a maven repository somewhere?
>
>     It is available as a karaf-feature (http jar access) here [2].
>     Feel free to put into local maven repo if you prefer.   I am going
>     to try to deploy this and some of the other distribution providers
>     to maven central as well.
>
>     Scott
>
>     [1] https://github.com/ECF/bndtools.workspace
>
>     [2]
>     https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider/blob/master/build/karaf-features.xml
>

>>     Ryan
>>
>>     On Tue, Aug 6, 2019, 6:17 PM Scott Lewis <[hidden email]
>>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>         <stuff deleted>
>>         > One current shortcoming is that the Hazelcast provider does
>>         not yet
>>         > have a set of Karaf features for it (like most other ECF RS
>>         > providers), but that would be easy for us to create/produce
>>         if requested.
>>
>>         A karaf feature was added [1] for version 1.4.0 of the Hazelcast
>>         distribution provider [2].
>>
>>         Scott
>>
>>         [1]
>>         https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider/blob/master/build/karaf-features.xml
>>
>>         [2] https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider

Re: Remote services with Karaf question.

Scott Lewis

In my installation of Karaf, the transaction-api is part of enterprise which comes with enterprise-4.2.6.

I'm puzzled by why the transaction-api is not available for you, and by why it wasn't installed as part of the Hazelcast provider install.  When I install in Karaf 4.2.6 (below) it works fine.

If this remains a problem, I'll put references directly to the javax.transaction bundles in the Hazelcast provider karaf-features.xml.  I had no idea that this would prove problematic.

Scott

karaf@root()> feature:install -v transaction-api
Adding features: transaction-api/[1.2.0,1.2.0]
Changes to perform:
  Region: root
    Bundles to install:
      mvn:javax.el/javax.el-api/3.0.0
      mvn:javax.enterprise/cdi-api/1.2
      mvn:javax.interceptor/javax.interceptor-api/1.2
      mvn:javax.transaction/javax.transaction-api/1.2
      mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.javax-inject/1_2
      mvn:org.ops4j.pax.transx/pax-transx-tm-api/0.4.3
Installing bundles:
  mvn:javax.el/javax.el-api/3.0.0
  mvn:javax.enterprise/cdi-api/1.2
  mvn:javax.interceptor/javax.interceptor-api/1.2
  mvn:javax.transaction/javax.transaction-api/1.2
  mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.javax-inject/1_2
  mvn:org.ops4j.pax.transx/pax-transx-tm-api/0.4.3
Starting bundles:
  javax.el-api/3.0.0
  org.apache.servicemix.bundles.javax-inject/1.0.0.2
  javax.interceptor-api/1.2.0
  javax.enterprise.cdi-api/1.2.0
  javax.transaction-api/1.2.0

On 8/30/2019 1:08 PM, Ryan Moquin wrote:
> [...]

>     https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider/blob/master/build/karaf-features.xml
>

>>     Ryan
>>
>>     On Tue, Aug 6, 2019, 6:17 PM Scott Lewis <[hidden email]
>>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>         <stuff deleted>
>>         > One current shortcoming is that the Hazelcast provider does
>>         not yet
>>         > have a set of Karaf features for it (like most other ECF RS
>>         > providers), but that would be easy for us to create/produce
>>         if requested.
>>
>>         A karaf feature was added [1] for version 1.4.0 of the Hazelcast
>>         distribution provider [2].
>>
>>         Scott
>>
>>         [1]
>>         https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider/blob/master/build/karaf-features.xml
>>
>>         [2] https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider

Re: Remote services with Karaf question.

Scott,

That would explain it, so if it's in the enterprise bundle and that repo isn't installed, then it won't be found.  I didn't think the enterprise repo was installed by default in the default karaf.  I'm using a custom distribution and I definitely don't think it's added, but I'll add it which should resolve the problem.  Thanks!

Ryan

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 4:30 PM Scott Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

>     https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider/blob/master/build/karaf-features.xml
>

>>     Ryan
>>
>>     On Tue, Aug 6, 2019, 6:17 PM Scott Lewis <[hidden email]
>>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>         <stuff deleted>
>>         > One current shortcoming is that the Hazelcast provider does
>>         not yet
>>         > have a set of Karaf features for it (like most other ECF RS
>>         > providers), but that would be easy for us to create/produce
>>         if requested.
>>
>>         A karaf feature was added [1] for version 1.4.0 of the Hazelcast
>>         distribution provider [2].
>>
>>         Scott
>>
>>         [1]
>>         https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider/blob/master/build/karaf-features.xml
>>
>>         [2] https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider

Re: Remote services with Karaf question.

I was able to install it now, I just needed to add the enterprise repo.

On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 11:28 AM Ryan Moquin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>     https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider/blob/master/build/karaf-features.xml
>

>>     Ryan
>>
>>     On Tue, Aug 6, 2019, 6:17 PM Scott Lewis <[hidden email]
>>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>         <stuff deleted>
>>         > One current shortcoming is that the Hazelcast provider does
>>         not yet
>>         > have a set of Karaf features for it (like most other ECF RS
>>         > providers), but that would be easy for us to create/produce
>>         if requested.
>>
>>         A karaf feature was added [1] for version 1.4.0 of the Hazelcast
>>         distribution provider [2].
>>
>>         Scott
>>
>>         [1]
>>         https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider/blob/master/build/karaf-features.xml
>>
>>         [2] https://github.com/ECF/HazelcastProvider

Re: Remote services with Karaf question.

jbonofre
The enterprise features repo is registered by default in the Karaf
standard distribution.

I didn't know you used your own Karaf distribution.