Scheduler in Karaf

Guenther Schmidt
Hello all,

I'm in the process of migrating a project with drowizard based
microservices to Apache Karaf.

So far so good.

I'm using Maven and sometimes things get a bit tricky when I have to
include 3rd party libraries, maven generates package requirements in the
MANIFEST.MF that I have no idea how they got there. But I manage for the
most part by adding these obscure packages to the "Don't import" list
manually.

But the scheduler that ships with Karaf is another story. I can't figure
out how to "reschedule" a job, other than updating the bundle with a new
configuration.

Am I doing something wrong or is that just the way it is?

Guenther

Re: Scheduler in Karaf

jbonofre
Hi Guenther,

The scheduler can schedule shell commands or Runnable services.

When using Runnable services, the scheduler configuration is defined as service
properties.

However, if you want to change the scheduling or suspend/resume a scheduling,
it's not actually possible easily today.

I created the following Jira:

You will have "extended" commands to have more fine-grained control over the
scheduling of the job.

It should be including in the coming 4.1.4 and 4.2.0 releases.