Set Timeout for remote repository for karaf 4.0.5

Set Timeout for remote repository for karaf 4.0.5

SAI3292
Hi

We are using apache karaf 4.0.5, we are adding as well as installing all the features remotely i.e using maven nexus repository.
while installation of features is going on if network is down, then it should retry for the configured time (3 or 4 mins) and fail. These case is not happening currently.
Is there any way to configure for Timeout for remote repository.

Can anybody help ?

Regards
Sai

Re: Set Timeout for remote repository for karaf 4.0.5

Hari Madhavan
Hi All,

Adding more information to get ideas from the group. We are using Karaf 4.0.5 ( which uses aether 2.4.7 ) and have implemented a bundle that automates installation/upgrade of the application software.

This works fine generally however when we have a network failure while downloading a bundle, the process  halts there ( until karaf client drops off because of SSH timeout ) . We were looking for a timeout feature that would allow us to handle the exception and abort the installation/upgrade.

We tried the timeout property in org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg but that did not work for this case. We notice there are separate connection and read timeout in aether 2.5.0 but that does not seem to compatible to karaf version we are using.

Any suggestions would welcome.

Thanks
Hari

Regards